Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Apr-2005, 13:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
I think my non-standard cans are the last thing I should be worrying about...
But I could just flutter my lashes and say..."But officer...they were on there when I bought it!".
I just think its all a load of CR4P when you consider on a daily basis 16 and unders ride past my house on 'peds popping wheelies and stoppies and no amount of complaint seems to do anything....
I could just park the duke on the road and oops "small number plate, race cans, not displaying a tax disc!"...
Ca squillion quid fine!
Easy pickings...
Old 17-Apr-2005, 19:48
Big Twin

Hold on just one moment ... it is true that a race can may affect your insurance but it is because it is a performance boost. I was a tad concerned after a mate with an APrilia RSV with race cans had an off i the winter and the dealer who fetched it swapped the casn before an assessor got to see it, saying that the damaged one was not recovered.

I phoned Carole Nash when I had a Termi fitted and told them I was thinking of having one. I found my current insurance would have been in valid (NIG), but RSA would insure and I had to pay an extra premium and cancel/restart insurance. But at least I know it will only be a £60 ticket for loud cans not a summons for invalid insurance.
Old 17-Apr-2005, 19:50
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Agree with all the comments about being easy picking for the odd copper that decides he does not like bikes after all we are public enemy No1.

As for the insurance, come clean and tell them about all mod's etc. Told mine about all the different body work, huggers, decals etc etc and they came back, in writing, to say that in the case of a claim they will treat the bike as standard and will either repair or pay out as a standard bike. No additional premium or owt
Old 18-Apr-2005, 13:24
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Thought this might help

Following the advice of others,i decided to try Premium Choice for a quote.Very pleased with the result.
Ducati 749BP 2003,value £6500
Datatool 3,Datatag,Abus disclock,Garaged
31yrs old,Bike licence 10yrs,4 yrs. NCD,no points
Fitted with termi assymetrical(declared) and converted to mono using ducati parts.

Quote: £395 fully comp £500exc,full monty policy incl.bike hire and helmet and leathers cover.
Very pleased,as most companies would'nt cover it with declared termis.
Old 18-Apr-2005, 20:53
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Mot

According to my local garage when I took my T8 with Tergis for its Mot open pipes can now only be failed if they are Stamped For Race Use Only,if they have no markings at all they are perfectly legal unless the MOT inspecting your bike takes offence at the noise and meters it which he said is highly unlikely.
As he pointed out standard cans that have all the packing burnt out are sometimes louder than after market cans.
ian