Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 28-Jan-2005, 01:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Team 3Up Racing - She lives!

Some of you may have read the thread where I asked for suggestions for a race team name. Well, the final choice was:

3UP RACING

For those with any interest, here is the latest update. I'll try to post additional updates as they happen and a diary of our racing success (or lack thereof).

Our team logo has been derived from a somewhat well known brand. Maybe we're hoping to get their sponsorship as well. (Hey, no s******ing at the back at my meager Photoshop skills!)

Bike preparations have started before Christmas, which must be a new record for us. Usually, it's all last minute stuff, although I am sure there will still be things that get sorted the morning of the first race.

My two mates on GSX-R750s have only minor preparations mostly limited to things like oil and filter change, new chain & sprocket, plugs, brake pads, etc. Basic stuff, really. It must be nice to race a production road bike that has long maintenance intervals.

For my own bike, it is slightly more involved. The engine is finally out of the bike and arrived at AJ Racing for a complete rebuild. Alan has already started dissassembly and I dread to think about all the bits that will need replacing. Here is how it left my place (minus the "top hat" enclosure):

The rest of the bike should be in decent condition. It will need a fork service, new brake pads all around, master cylinder rebuild, full brake service, full clutch service, and a few crash repairs such as new clutch cover, new peg and lever, etc.

We decided to spend a bit of money on fairings. You might say it's foolish and wouldn't entirely disagree with you. But, it will make for some great promo shots before any of the three bikes turn a wheel in anger. We plan on approaching some local businesses for minor sponsorship. Great pictures combined with a few trophies from last season should be good enough to mitigate the running expenses, hopefully. Guido (Cope Images)has graciously offered his by now very professional services to take proper snaps.

The fairing design is loosely based on Kenny Roberts famous Yamaha "speed block" scheme, although the yellow has been replace with red. We don't need a colour handicap! I'll post picture of the fairings when the painter is done with them, hopefully next week.

In the mean time, if anyone is able and willing to offer website services, preferrably on a pro bono basis, we would be delighted. We have a web site template (Dreamweaver, I believe) but don't have the skills to make it "work" for us.

Regards,
Felix

[Edited on 28-1-2005 by Felix]

[Edited on 25-3-2005 by Felix]
Old 28-Jan-2005, 02:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Look forward to seeing the paint job
I will have to try and keep track of the meetings you are racing in and try and get along and watch this year.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 12:21
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Felix

With the website, if you transfer your domain to One and One .co.uk and go for the Instant Domain (I Think) at about £2 a month they give you an 8 page website which is simple to do. I did mine in about an hour in total!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 12:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Good luck this year Felix - when I saw you at Donny you were mighty quick so I'm glad you didn't choose to run in Desmo Due

Old 28-Jan-2005, 12:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Nice one Felix, look forward to seeing the (unscathed) bikes when you get to Donny/Oulton.

Does this mean that I can't park a yellow one in the same garage? (then again it might be a black one by then )
Old 28-Jan-2005, 12:39
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Does this mean that I can't park a yellow one in the same garage? (then again it might be a black one by then )

About time, amen to that!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 13:06
Ducati Meccanica

I did consider the DesmoDue but as I mentioned before, it just didn't fit with my plans. I am sure it would be good laugh to duke it out with you lot. In fact, I'll have to come and spectate for the first race. I'll be sat at the first corner of the first race.

And, Lily, 3Up is already a crowd. What are we gonna do when you'll make it 4? Colour clash will be the least of our worries! You're welcome anytime.

On the website front, we've already got a domain and space sorted, just need some content management. Too little time...

Old 28-Jan-2005, 13:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
I
And, Lily, 3Up is already a crowd. What are we gonna do when you'll make it 4? Colour clash will be the least of our worries! You're welcome anytime.

On the website front, we've already got a domain and space sorted, just need some content management. Too little time...

Cheers Felix, if I get organised I will let you know and will stock up on biccies or even bring homemade cookies

Wish i could help on the website, but although its something i wouldn't mind having a go at I don't have any experience. maybe drop CRM250 a u2u as I know he has done another site and he might be able to give you some help or pointers.
Old 29-Jan-2005, 19:22
Ducati Meccanica

Latest news is that my two mates were not too impressed with my initial efforts on the logo. So, another couple of hours later, we have version 2. What do you think?

[Edited on 1-2-2005 by Felix]
Old 29-Jan-2005, 20:03
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Felix,

Think the logo is looking pretty good mate.

As far as the website goes. I'm happy to have a go for you if you think my meagre efforts are to your liking / requirements.

Give me a shout if you do.

Gc

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit