Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-Aug-2004, 17:58
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Monstermob

If the comic web site is to believed, then Monstermob are not renewing Emmett's contract next year (no surprise), and they are likely to run Fireblades. Running Honda's is more surprising, as it's only one bad year and is probably due to the rider rather than the bike. And Ducati GAVE the bikes to the team this year, a bit of loyalty would have been nice!!!
Give the bikes to John Hacket Next Year
Old 16-Aug-2004, 18:14
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
according to PAul Bird, that's not exactly how it went.

They are testing a Fireblade as a 'possible' repalcement.

Rutter and Smart are being offered possible contracts.

As usual a big pinch of salt is required with MCN.

Erm - Smart on a Ducati, that's got a familiar sound to it.
Old 16-Aug-2004, 18:42
Big Twin

I honestly think that if John Reynolds was on the 999 then it would be leading the championship.
Old 16-Aug-2004, 18:52
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Personally I think the 999 needs a 'looser' rider, such as the likes of Xaus, and Laconi.
It's the smoother, corner speed type riders who seem to struggle most.
On that basis, I think Scotty would probably do well on it.
However, I for one think it would be a real shame if he jumped off that Kawasaki right now when he has a very realistic chance to do the business in the championship on it next year.
Old 16-Aug-2004, 19:00
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
you got to give me more than that for a discussion mate.

i disagree.... lets debate it....

Why would he ?

He's not raced a Ducati for 3 seasons, would he really get on that well with it right away ?

How about the tyre situation, would he be used to them. ?

All riders in WSB are having 'vague' feelings from the front end, why would Reynolds not ?

1. unlike Emmett, JR is very consistent.

2. I was thinking along the lines of if he had never left Ducati to ride the Suzuki, but he would be on the pace pretty quick.

3. JR is a " if it's round and black, it will do" type of rider with tyres.

4. I think that the vague feelings are made much worse, if not caused by the Pirelli's. Look at Hodgsons lap times from last year, I know he wasn't totally happy with the front but he still lapped quicker than on his 998.

Niffty little signature you got there, more debates tomorrow, bye for now.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:11
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I believe it's a racing evolution thing - the way the rules have evolved or been manipulated, and the way the Jap 4's have come on over the last couple of years, the Ducati is no longer the class of the field. It's been coming in BSB for a couple of years now, and with Vermuelen it's coming in WSB, and whilst I like the Ducati's, it's good for the championships to have a variety of bikes winning races.

I don't blame monstermob for moving to a Blade or whatever - they're a seriously professional team who want to win the championship, so they need to run the most competitive bike, which sadly, the 999 isn't under the current regulations.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:22
Big Twin

1 - I still think JR is the most consistent. Rutter always seems to have a slump in form at some piont in the season, and Kagayama seems to be blisteringly fast or a bit lost.

3 - tyres, what I mean is that JR can ride with any make of tyre, unlike some. In the same way Hodgson made the switch from Dunlop to Michelin. Of course they still have to be the best of whatever make the are using to allow the rider to win.

4 - The situation in WSB this year is a bit 1998 when no one could put a really good run together - Hodgson, Bayliss or Edwards would have destroyed the field by now.

5 - Are you still going to watch at Mallory on Sunday? though I might give it a miss if it's still chucking it down, (getting a bit fed up with getting wet every time I sit on the bike this year) but if it's decent I'll be there. We can carry on with this over a pint - my round.

Racing discusions - dontcha just love em!
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:23
Ducati Corse

Quote:
4. I think that the vague feelings are made much worse, if not caused by the Pirelli's. Look at Hodgsons lap times from last year, I know he wasn't totally happy with the front but he still lapped quicker than on his 998.

I think you're right Steve. Michelin must have pulled out all the stops in 2003 to help Hodgy get over the lack of feel from the front of the 999. Pirelli can't do that for Ducati this year, however, Haga is proving that you can make it work. Emmett and Monstermob have the same problems but being on Dunlops no data to work with - perhaps Paul Bird should have put loyalty to one side and tried to got Michelins (and their data for the 999) this year.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:34
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
STEVE M

As you know i'm a big Ducati race fan,but i have to agree with Urban996,i think the glory days are over!! Dukes are just too expensive for teams to run,look what Ten Kate are doing on a tiny budget(compaired to Fila)!! They are matching & beating Fila Ducati at most tracks now!! As much as it hurts to say.i think Chris V could lift the championship this year!! The same is true in the UK,why should Birdy run 999's when he could get better results for less money? iI agree giving the works bikes to John Hackett is not a bad idea,but he's got a business to run,he can't give all his time up to run a race team! I've spoken to him about the supersport team,he says he didn't realise how much things have moved on since his time with GSE!
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:39
Big Twin

Quote:
may actually be racing mate

good on yer.

no pint for you then

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit