Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Aug-2005, 00:17
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by gary-g

I have done a few of the H*n*a MAC courses.

These are run by ex-police riders and are brilliant. Real riding techniques on real roadsand you don't have to ride a rice burner.

You have never seen a Pan-european go so fast!!

Gaz

Many apologies for "Thread Hi-Jack", but I would add my recommendation for the MAC course...I did one when I bought my VTR, and would love to do another on the 996 ...Gaz, how do you go about booking one when you don't ride a "you know what"?
Old 29-Aug-2005, 00:45
Mille
Bikes: Sts4s in red, of course!

Mood: Ah....Switzerland!
I still keep in touch with one of the riders who lives in Horsham, although i haven't seen him for a while now.

If you want to do a course i think you can probably get a form from any H**** dealer and just specify what bike you have.

My mrs did a course when she had her ZXR400, although she was ridiculed all day!

trouble is, they are so expensive now, that they have to take anyone irrespective of what they ride.

The last i heard, it was about £300 for the two days, but as you know, they are good.

went to wales on the last one i did, cracking roads, good b&b etc, but it rained all the time!!

took me a week to clean the bike.

If you can't find anything, let me know and i will send matey an E-mail and see what the score is.

Gaz
Old 30-Aug-2005, 02:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Setting the Cam timing to standard made about 4 RWHP difference to my 998r most of the way through the rev range. The benefit depends on where the cam timing is before you start. You can move the power increse around the rev range depending how the cams are timed.

After doing some dyno tests I wouldn't use any air filter that took up any space in the air box, less power (four less at the top end) and shite throttle response.

Ray
Old 30-Aug-2005, 08:41
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by gary-g
I still keep in touch with one of the riders who lives in Horsham, although i haven't seen him for a while now.

If you want to do a course i think you can probably get a form from any H**** dealer and just specify what bike you have.

My mrs did a course when she had her ZXR400, although she was ridiculed all day!

trouble is, they are so expensive now, that they have to take anyone irrespective of what they ride.

The last i heard, it was about £300 for the two days, but as you know, they are good.

went to wales on the last one i did, cracking roads, good b&b etc, but it rained all the time!!

took me a week to clean the bike.

If you can't find anything, let me know and i will send matey an E-mail and see what the score is.

Gaz

Thanks Gary...I'll nip down to D0bles and see what the score is.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 09:18
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Cheers Barnsey, Motorapido sounds worth a visit.

I considered painting it yellow (for a second), but have you not heard of the phenomonen called "Red-Shift" - basically, the faster an object moves away from you, the redder it appears.

Air filters - heard and read many opinions. The vote seems to go for Piper-cross in air-tube filters. Would be nice not to have gravel go in the inlets if te tank comes off in an excursion though.

Cam timing - be rude not to really.

Road training. 3,000 miles in France with Simon Byrne of Byrne-up. Proper fast road riding. Acceptable casualties.

Spinoli.

Well, it seems I may have to spend more cash in the quest for power. I'll keep you posted.

Spinoli.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 09:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Dont think you can protect your inlets that well from gravel if the tank comes off, its a bit hard to cover the 998s shower injectors with a filter as you can on the 916/996 setup, so the ones in he air tubes or at the airtubes entry to the airbox are your best options.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 12:08
Big Twin

Drop in and see MotoRapido. If you're coming in via Portsmouth they're an hour from the port.

Wilf who's posted earlier in the thread is one half of MR, and you could have a chat about the ECU / PC alternatives with him and Steve at the same time.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 14:22
Mille

I had a good natter with John Hackett on the phone yesterday and we cleared up the confusion about cam timimng & squish.

Basically, if done as a stand alone job it is expensive as the airbox, heads etc need to come off, and the benefits may not be that easy to detect.

As mine's having a service and new belts anyway, it half of the work is already being done and so I will have the cams dialled in and the squish set properly.

Spinoli
Old 31-Aug-2005, 22:50
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by spinoli1

Does anyone out there have a streetable/reliable Testastretta dynoed at over 140rwhp (without silly money), and if so how?

This is the ultimate target, but it may take some time.

Spinoli

[Edited on 27-8-2005 by spinoli1]

Buy a 999r then!
Old 01-Sep-2005, 09:43
Mille

Gosh-darn, - buy a 999R? Now there's an idea.

But shucks, I may be no youngster, but I'm not old enough to go ugly yet.

(Who knows though, one of these days a deep-sump, 1200cc, ultra-developed R motor may just fall into the chassis. Got to leave something for the future.).

Spinoli