Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Sep-2005, 14:20

Mood: Fed up
Just spoken with Dave, apparently for the 748 he only does the side pannels and belly pan, which is fine since these will fit fine with the existing standard fairings, or atleast that is how I understand it

On a side note, does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get hold of the 4 fixings that fix the front fender/mudguard to the forks?
Old 01-Sep-2005, 15:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig G
Just spoken with Dave, apparently for the 748 he only does the side pannels and belly pan, which is fine since these will fit fine with the existing standard fairings, or atleast that is how I understand it

On a side note, does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get hold of the 4 fixings that fix the front fender/mudguard to the forks?

confused are you asking for a top fairing (nose cone) with the light cutouts?

as quote from an email to me
"HI SEAN
THE 748/916 NOSE CONE IS AVAILABLE IN PLAIN WHITE AT £60
OR PAINTED IN DUCATI RED( with or without number boards etc ) FOR £85
ALL PRICES INCLUDED POST AND PACKING
THERE IS APPROX 2 WEEKS TURN ROUND
HOPE THIS IS OF HELP
REGARDS
DAVE"

you dont need the lights for trackdays, can remove the headlamp, expensive to replace if damaged
Old 01-Sep-2005, 15:37

Mood: Fed up
Hmm....confused now too, my intention is to run with the track day fairings on the road too, after a recent accident i need to replace my RH side fairing....these being expensive and the fact i need a track day set anyway i was just going to go with buying a full track set. I explained the situation to Dave (maybe not clearly enough!) and as i understood it he only made the side panels and belly pan, i have to call him again tomorrow anyway to finialise my order so i'll try and clear up what may have been a misunderstanding I would, afterall, rather buy a full set than just the sides and belly, but if i can't then just those 3 would suit my needs
Old 01-Sep-2005, 17:11
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
The presant nose cone comes with headlight cutouts, as per my avatar, blue tape covering headlight lenses, a new one is to be shortly made with out headlight cut outs.

Chris.
Old 01-Sep-2005, 17:18
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by marchesini
I have quite a few track fairings in my garage which do seem to vary in quality quite a lot. The original items are very sturdy and will obviously withstand frequent removals without showing any signs of use. I have noticed with the track day stuff, the first places it seems to split or chip are at the mounting points (where the pressure on the dzus fasteners are) or on the bracket on the seat unit. I know that they are only meant for track use but it seems that one off (even a light one) could render a panel unusable unless copious amounts of duck tape is used.

I spoke to Barry, who was recommended on this thread:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=23624

and it seems that he can make them a bit thicker as he makes them to order. Very reasonable pricing - from £250 for side panels, nose cone, full bellypan and seat unit. No mudguard, v piece or small side panels (what are they called?) but it seems like a good deal, especially if they are more substantial than the stuff I have now.

I was going to get my existing stuff resprayed but seeing how flimsy it seems, it didn't seem worth it unless it was on some ebay original panels which could stand up to a few slides. I haven't seen Barry's work but this to me seems the way to go so I'll be ordering in the near future.

HTH

simon

I've had a few kits off Barry, and introduced him to DSC Peeps at TA1 - Mallory (the wet one!) he does do a mighty fine kit and has took a lot if input on board from people, me included trying to improve his products over the years, little things like a thicker patch around points which would hit the deck first if the worst should happen, waterpump etc, quite a lot of thought has gone into it
Old 02-Sep-2005, 10:28
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig G
Been looking at these, any thoughts people ?

Expensive!
Old 02-Sep-2005, 11:04
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
dukedemon - one of THE most expensive bitsa places I've seen on ebay...they had brembo 3 spoke for about 450 a pair the other week!!
Old 02-Sep-2005, 18:58
Big Twin

well the stuff arrived yesterday and i refrained from posting update as i had issue to take up with the seller and email was sent

i ordered a kit minus the lh panel plus ipaid a extra £15 for a second hand screen which when i recieved it i discovered it has a large gouge right accross it

Basically
the parts are second hand (well i expected that) what i did not expect was parts that had been subject to what the seller refers to inthe responding email as "Minor Spill"

the RHS panel was fairly good, as is the general mould quality of the items, so they should fit okl.

the mudguard and v piece are also reasonable quite a few scrtahes from poor care / treatment but overall acceptable, , however the nose cone and seat unit have clearly come from a crashed bike!!!! i was informed that the panels were not from crashed bikes or ones that had been crashed??

the front LH corner of the nose cone is damaged and losing strength fromm point of impact with the road!!

the seat unit is also damaged!! there are a number of places where the fibre glass requires repair. although it does lagrley look like the seat unit is reparable.

it is unfortunate as the main items i purchasesd this set for was the nose cone and seat unit, and the ones supplied are not in a ready to use state.

having sent email to seller about this i was disapointed with the response

quote" The top fairing has had a minor spill on it, we can tell this because if it is anymore than a drop, and these fibre glass fairings disintegrate, however, the seat unit is not off a crashed bike. The marks are from where the ducati seat rests on the under seat exhaust.

We do not send these kits out for Ducati riders to enter a show, they are for track days or racing. We think you have received good value for money with the items you have bought from us"

having sent them a further email asking if i could return the crash damaged items for and pay a bit more for some undamaged one i have not recieved a resopnse after 24hours

i guess if someones selling stuff this cheap one must be abit more cautious than i was, overall some of the parts were ok and other will repair or could be used as they are if your dont mind riding a bike that looks a bit of a wreck.
£120 well spent you decide
Old 02-Sep-2005, 19:02
Big Twin

nose cone
Old 02-Sep-2005, 19:03
Big Twin

seat unit