Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Feb-2004, 16:15

Mood: The Sun's Out and So am I
Trade-in

Hi Everyone, I'm about to trade-in my 748s for a Red MultiStrada dawning a Comfort seat, Comfort Screen and Termis with pro V twins but, just before I get down to the nitty gritty do you have any advice?.

I have read the message board which has been very useful specially the bit about the Gel Pac's (Sorry, Bit of a Star Trek Fan on the side) i mean Gel Battery this could be a problem for me as like CK my Garage is 1000 yards away for the house.
Old 15-Feb-2004, 05:42
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Best get a 1000m long extension lead then!

Seriously tho,the gel batteries only give problems if left idle for long periods of time.As long as you give the bike a good run out every couple of weeks or so,it should be ok.
Old 15-Feb-2004, 12:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
yes, - don't take Brett too seriously, - he has a very dry sense of humour and likes to take the p*** and sometimes with his initial trade in offer.
Old 21-Feb-2004, 01:23

Thanks Guy's, was with brett today. I think we're nearly there and I love the Black Gloss Wheels, the Seat Cowl and hand guards on the red Multistrada he's got up there. I will be sorry to see the old 748 go, although I will feel more at home with me old mates at the Ducati Monster Club.. Hi CK.

Dazza (Catdui)
Old 21-Feb-2004, 06:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yeah,the air cooled Duke engines have got a certain something,have'nt they!
The bike sounds fantastic,post some pics of it,when it arrives please.
Old 21-Feb-2004, 09:40
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Catdui
Thanks Guy's, was with brett today. I think we're nearly there and I love the Black Gloss Wheels, the Seat Cowl and hand guards on the red Multistrada he's got up there. I will be sorry to see the old 748 go, although I will feel more at home with me old mates at the Ducati Monster Club.. Hi CK.

Dazza (Catdui)

Dazza!

Hi m8! Long time no see.
What d'ya mean you feel more at home in the monster club? Every time I meet Dibble - its like meeting a monster!

Why the sudden change to a m/s? (I couldnt ever have one, as leggies are too short by lots of inches)

C
xx
Old 26-Feb-2004, 10:31

Hi CK

Work stopped me getting out much last year so I’ve planned a few events in advance for my diary this year. Already booked MotoGP in Le Man and Donnington and WSBK and BSBK at Assen, Brands and Rockingham. I also intend to get out with the DSC and the good old DMOC if they’ll still have me?.

The reason for the “I will feel more at home with me old mates at the Ducati Monster Club” comment was that I’ll be sitting up again rather than laid flat on the tank.

The sudden change is due to practicality more than anything else, as I will use the MS to get to work in the summer Congestion Charge, Parking, etc.. (My new job/office is in London Nr Paddington Railway Station) and the 748s whilst looking and running brilliantly would drive me mad in town.

Hope to see you guy’s soon… Dazza (Catdui)xxx