Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jul-2006, 22:15
Ducati Meccanica

Keihin FCR 41mm Flat-side carb's.

Having read a few post in the ss forum i've seen a few of you guys using Keihin FCR Flat-side carb's.
Do they make a worthwhile upgrade, and what is thebetter option 39 or 41.

any sources and prices for these items.

cheers
R
Old 30-Jul-2006, 22:20
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
They won't make a big difference to the overall power, maybe pick up a couple of bhp, but the effect on throttle response is very noticable! For a 900 go for 41s, most people recomend 39s for the 600 / 750 engine.
Source - Chris Kelly at California Cycleworks in the states, he supplied mine, here in 3 days and cheaper than UK suppliers.
Oh, and fuel consumption improves a little, which helps pay for them! :-)

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/
Old 31-Jul-2006, 09:10
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
I have a complete set of 38's with throttle grip and fitting instructions. PM for more details.
Old 31-Jul-2006, 15:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo16
They won't make a big difference to the overall power, maybe pick up a couple of bhp, but the effect on throttle response is very noticable! For a 900 go for 41s, most people recomend 39s for the 600 / 750 engine.
Source - Chris Kelly at California Cycleworks in the states, he supplied mine, here in 3 days and cheaper than UK suppliers.
Oh, and fuel consumption improves a little, which helps pay for them! :-)

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/

Bang on Zimbo. 41s are the best bet, but I find the most noticeable difference is the change in throttle response from the accelerator pumps. Miles better out of corners, pulling wheelies, etc. Very expensive upgrade though, you might be better saving up for a pair of MBP Testrossa heads!
Old 31-Jul-2006, 17:12
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
dammit - if only I had the foresight to order these ahead of my trip to the US, I could have bought a pair back in luggage. Now I'm going to have to wait a couple of months for my next trip
Old 31-Jul-2006, 19:35
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
If you can get them from the States yourself it's not too expensive, US$780 comes out at around £430, and you'll get more than that selling them on second hand!
Chris Kelly does a good job of setting them up before he sends them out, checks float heights, jetting etc. so they should just bolt on and work reasonably well. His price includes throttle cables and throttle assembly, plus a K&N air filter. Only thing with him is, he generally will only ship goods to the same address the credit card used is registered to. he's helpful though and know his stuff.
I test rode mine after fitting and thought it didn't feel too different at first, then pulled away from a junction on 2/3 throttle and the front wheel leapt up and nearly caught me out. Top end power doesn't feel much different, midrange most certainly does!
Old 31-Jul-2006, 22:26
Mille

Mood: Fed up I'm not racing. :-(
I found they fill a hole in the mid range, they sound mental (clatter to match clutch and Fe discs), more MPG and the best two bits... no STUPID choke, in january they just need one twist and fire up first time, ohh and the other bit - no carb icing. Got mine from Chris Kelly. Set up perfectly. Rock.
Old 01-Aug-2006, 00:48
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
some on ebay now for £200 considering them for myself but as i getting ready to go back to uni cant real afford them any one want to buy them for me so i can put them in my dd bike