Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 23-May-2005, 11:08
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Cadwell Results.......

Got to Cadwell on Thursday evening after the 3 hour drive and finished setting up about midnight.

Friday had a day testing as although I've done a couple of trackdays at Caddy previously it is three years since I was last there. Spent a bit of time fiddling around with the bike altering ride height etc. as I have just fitted a longer swing arm. Got it something like so left it at that. The day generally went well and stayed dry.

Saturday - the weather was a bit patchy but generally dry.

Race One: Got a decent start and got away with the front pack to finish fourth.

Race Two: Went backwards off the line and came out of Copse about 10th or 11th, spent the rest of the race getting through traffic (whilst trying to ignore the rain that was now spitting) to finish fourth again.

Sunday - Woke up to the sound of the rain absolutely hammering down at about six a.m, but by 9 whilst still patchy it was looking a lot more promising and in fact once dry stayed that way throughout the day.

Race One: An absolutely flying start off the line, got the holeshot and led for one lap, Deano came underneath me at the hairpin which forced me wide and allowed another rider through, lost third place to Andy Peck the championship leader on about the third lap and finished fourth again.

Race Two: Sat on the line clutch on the biting point and the red light seemed to stay on for twice as long as usual (I'm sure they do that just for the crack sometimes!) I started to go and then shut off, at which point the light went out, I lost a lot of momentum and got passed by several bikes and went into Copse in eighth place, as this was the points race I was determined to get through as quickly as possible and got through by the third lap to third which was how it finished.

After the disappointment of Silverstone I was really happy with the weekend overall and remain third in the championship.

So far this season I have identified a couple of areas of my riding that need a bit of work where I am losing out to the quickest riders, hopefully with a bit of effort I can crack this before the season is out.
Old 23-May-2005, 11:44
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Some great finishes there! Sounds like you're pretty much on the pace and had a pretty good weekend.

Nice work Garry.
Old 23-May-2005, 14:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Well done, mate! Looking forward to more successful weekend myself at Donny on Sunday.
Old 23-May-2005, 20:56
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
top job! See you at a round soon...
Old 24-May-2005, 12:06
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Cheers guys,

Bradders for info the remaining dates are as follows: Brands Hatch 11th & 12th June, Pembrey 16th & 17th July, Donnington 7th August, Pembrey 3rd & 4th September, Thruxton 8th October, hope to see you if you are able to make any of these.

Felix, Hope all goes well on Sunday, I may have a drive up and watch if I can.

TP - when is your next outing?
Old 24-May-2005, 12:26
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Smith
Cheers guys,

Bradders for info the remaining dates are as follows: Brands Hatch 11th & 12th June, Pembrey 16th & 17th July, Donnington 7th August, Pembrey 3rd & 4th September, Thruxton 8th October, hope to see you if you are able to make any of these.

Felix, Hope all goes well on Sunday, I may have a drive up and watch if I can.

TP - when is your next outing?

Garry,

Next DD meet is Sat June 4 at Castle Combe.

Cheers,

TP

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit