Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 15-Sep-2006, 19:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Wow, where do I start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB916
I think it would merely confirm many peoples opinions on what you really are !!!

So it's OK to protest me, but I can't protest anyone else? That's fantatstic. As long as I'm not being singled out then!

Quote:
I am surprised you can find the start line with your head so far up your A**e.

Ummm... explain?

Quote:
I get sick of seeing your posts on what a hero you are, and before the Mt threaten to ban me again for 'upsetting' you they can keep my membershiop and ban me, sick of hearing what a 'Wonder Boy' you are.......get a life.

Oh how the irony was lost on you!!

The name Wonderboy is not a self chosen one - it's how I was referred by a member of the RC. So I guess even they hold me in high esteem - or perhaps they were taking the pi$$???

Quote:
Many of us have competing and won at much higher levels than you

Is that right?

I didn't know their were many British race winners here. I take my hat off to you, you must be very proud.

Quote:
but do not thrust it down eveyones throat at every opportunity

...and I do?

Please link me to some posts

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks.

Quote:
now shut up and get on with it.

I think I did all season. Did you not see the results?

Quote:
INCOMING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Always a pleasure
Old 15-Sep-2006, 19:35
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
If I protested Antony at Cadwell - would everyone be OK with that?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that's what you wanted to do.

I signed up for the rules of the ACU when racing, and I have to abide by those rules to continue racing - the same as everyone else.

I know my bike is legal but others may not think so, and that's their opinion. I'm not going to let anyone have a shuftie over our bike as we've made modifications that have kept me at the sharp end over this season - a mean feat given the lack of skills of the pilot! - and we want to keep them to ourselves to get every little advantage we can.

It'll be a pain in the arse but the rules are the rules and it's racing, not a friendly trackday or country bimble!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 15-Sep-2006, 19:35
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
NOBODY is trying to drive a wedge between DD and DSC at all. Unless you know different?

So you didn't get "the phonecall" either then?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 15-Sep-2006, 19:46
Ducati Corse

I apologise if this thread is upsetting some of you

... especially folk who I thought I had a good realationship with like Annette.

I can not get away from the fact that something is not right here and as long as that appears to be the case then I will use all reasonable means to persue it, the same approach I use in all my dealings with people. Yes we can choose to ignore what happened, sweep it under the carpet and 'move on' however how does that serve the race series?

Fordie said that we should learn from history and I agree - one of the lessons that history has taught me is that you don't build a good future whilst there is a cloud hanging over the present. I simply want that cloud lifting, for the truth to be told and yes Phil - I can handle it
Old 15-Sep-2006, 19:51
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
I have kept out of all this, mate, I think the majority of Dom's posts are tongue in cheek, well thats how it appears to me, a guy with a sense of humour, thats great if you ask me, he just happens to be good at what he does, only met the chap once and he was very unassuming, not at all cocky, you know fair play to him if he was cocky !

I'm not going to get into the he said, she said debate, just take the humour in the way that it is meant and the facts as they are, by facts I mean how Dom will always give a true answer to a question, or how he will break a thread down to the basics and answer each bit, as he has with yours.

Whats so wrong with that ???

I'm not a DD racer but the whells are in motion so that I might be, I don't know if you are, obviously you sound **** hot from your post so get on with it and beat the guy !

Now we're talking!! Someone who clearly knows his onions

I got to say I agree with you Ian (sorry about that). A lot of what I say is humour and those that know me are fully aware of that. Some people don't get it, but then feel the need to bitch about it - You don't see me complaining about stuff I have no interest in!

I also don't lie or bull****, that way I know I can't be caught out in the future. I have my opinions and I tell it how I see it - despite some people thinking I'm a mouth-piece for my sponsors! Which I am not, look...

Henners, I am not your mouth piece!

...glad I could clear that up.

Once again the world of DD is spun on to his arse by people in power, making poor decisions. Then the riders affected who try to raise awareness of these facts, get shot down by people who have no idea what they're on about, and "In my day, blah blah blah".

Face it. If you're pi$$y about my posts, you'd damn well be pi$$ed off if your bike was protested for no other reason than because you upset somebody.

As I have said on here, and to Antony's face - I have no issue with him, or being protested - providing it's not just coz I upset someone!

Anyway, the people who are affected and those that race in DD or are involved with DD in some way, know what happened. It's just a shame that the people who instigated the protest aren't big enough to admit it and they have to hide behind Antony - which I think stinks, and shows the type of people we are dealing with.

Last edited by domski : 15-Sep-2006 at 19:54.
Old 15-Sep-2006, 20:37
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
At least the protest proved one thing. The best man won. Fair and square. Never met you Domski. , but well done . As for the protest , it happens all the time thats motorsport. Even at top level (no DISRESPECT) there are complete knobs that don't recognise a quick rider who can get the best out of what the rules permit. Sometimes the protest are right (remember RobMac running the 810yzf) I would assume Domski has accepted the fact he won fairly so why not everyone else move on.
Old 15-Sep-2006, 21:33
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogalman
At least the protest proved one thing. The best man won. Fair and square. Never met you Domski, but well done.

Thanks

Quote:
As for the protest, it happens all the time thats motorsport.

Agreed, and we have no problem with a GENUINE protest...

...but this wasn't, and that's why we're still talking about it.
Old 15-Sep-2006, 21:37
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Sadly talking will get nowhere because some people are spineless. Untill they get a backbone nothing will change.
Old 15-Sep-2006, 21:39
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Very true, although I think this is part of the therapy.

Funnily enough neither member of the RC have posted since the Snetterton race (Chris has posted once). They're on here reading everything though.

Just another coincidence I expect.

Last edited by domski : 15-Sep-2006 at 21:43.
Old 15-Sep-2006, 23:02
GTL

Henry, darling. I finally lost patience with you when you used Wednesday evening to continue your political agenda. Blimey, you didn't stop for over an hour. Wrong time; wrong place; wrong bird to p*ss off.
Get over it. Get a f*cking life.
Closed Thread