Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Apr-2005, 12:17
Mille

Mood: Need to get out
Sorry to hear that Lily sounds like I have been lucky even sometimes when booking they have let me pay on the day which is pretty good of them. Jamie is a top bloke but I get your point about the briefing and the novices.
Old 14-Apr-2005, 13:35
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
I did one in March. The briefing was by James. As it was a quiet day you must ensure your bike has road cans or you'll be sent home. I even got my bike setup by Mick Grant too. It was a good day with excellent weather. Donington is one amazing track, I'm going next thurs with Focused only £99!!!

Andy

[Edited on 14-4-2005 by andys 900ss]

[Edited on 14-4-2005 by andys 900ss]
Old 15-Apr-2005, 17:24
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Been on a couple of speedfreak days and I can say is that from what I have seen you will be looked after, a mate crashed his R1, shooey knew what caused the problem and fixed it.

Whitham himself can be worth the price alone if he's on form.

I do agree that IMHO the briefing and other stuff comes across as been there got the t shirt.

If I booked and didn't turn up I wouldn't expect a refund. its best to ask abou the policy when you book.

A mate lost a lot of money when he couldn't make a few booking after he injured himself and there were plenty of other companies that kept his cash.

Ray
Old 15-Apr-2005, 17:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Did a few with Speadfreaks and was always good. Agree with all that's been said about Whitham being a good guy. Never had to test their refund policy, though. May not be the best for a first timer.
Old 15-Apr-2005, 21:24
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray

If I booked and didn't turn up I wouldn't expect a refund. its best to ask abou the policy when you book.

A mate lost a lot of money when he couldn't make a few booking after he injured himself and there were plenty of other companies that kept his cash.

Ray

Ray

I did not book and not turn up, that would be totally acceptable in that case.

there is a full thread about the full incident and its too long to explain here, but suffice to say 99% of the people i have spoken to about it thought it was crap treatment.

I did check the policy, i understand policies, so maybe it would be best if you knew the facts before judging my incompetence and stupidity!

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=17163

since this was written i have tried calling and emailing but have not had any response from them.

[Edited on 15-4-2005 by Lily]
Old 15-Apr-2005, 23:39
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Well did a day with them today. Whitham was at his best with the briefing.
Didn't see sight nor sound of him after that. I can't complain about the information either. Groups where called with plenty of time. Instructors and marshalls where on there best behaviour. The only thing that I did notice was the vast difference in abilities within the groups. Slow guys in fast, fast in slow, etc, etc. Jamie did say that if you though you where to fast or slow for a group, come and see them. I think it might have been better if the marshalls/instructors made this decision.
Old 16-Apr-2005, 02:34
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
I agree Jon,

On my day the guys in the Inters group (where I was) were moaning about slower guys in the group, and they should have been in the Fast group comparing their abilty (a couple taking on James) as the guys in the fast group were'nt any quicker considering it was a quiet day which means not many racers.

Lily I have read your thread previously and am shocked at your treatment!! This has made me vigilant as I tend to book on the day I go or day before now, dont fancy that hastle.

Andy
Old 16-Apr-2005, 09:23
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Cheers Guys - interested in your comments Jon - I take it this was at Donington?

How were any incidents managed? - Hopefully not too many.

Frank
Old 16-Apr-2005, 14:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
There was at least one off per session, usually due to cold tyres. Most sessions where allowed to continue if it was deemed to be safe. Only a handfull where red flagged. On a couple of occasions, one which I had seen for myself, a rider had come straight out of the pit lane and then binned it at redgate It was really cold on fri about 9 -10 degrees but felt more like -2 with the wind chill factor. If I hadn't got so cold in the afternoon and stayed for my last session, I think I might have had the track all to myself.
Old 17-Apr-2005, 13:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Personal opinion:

Speedfreaks....hmmm...
My reason for not rescommending them is their absolutely appalling customer service. I think they treat their customers badly and I would be tempted to take my issue further if i had the inclination.

I was considering this until I discovered it was run by speedfreaks!
I was booked on a trackday at silverstone...I had a problem with the alarm and couldn't get it started. I paid my money, they took it out of the bank account. I recieved no confirmation.I rang and rang for weeks before but nothing...I left numerous messages on the answer machine...Nothing.
I eventually managed to contact them the day before. "You're on the list darlin' Dont worry" was the reply!
Couldn't get in contact with them on the morning of the trackday. When I eventually got in contact about some remuneration for non attendance I was told "it's in the small print"...WHAT SODDING SMALL PRINT??? I never recieved paper work?
Nevertheless...You can say I wont be using them again!AND I certainly wont recommend them to anyone