Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Feb-2006, 15:59
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well I sent them all off, I'll be at all four days.

Old 26-Feb-2006, 00:31
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Quote:
Originally posted by andys 900ss
7th March is the deadline for Brands and Oulton, you only have to pay out £30 at the mo. !!!

Any more???

Boing
Old 02-Mar-2006, 18:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I regret to inform you all-they aren't going to happen there simply wasn't enough interest and we were being pushed to confirm the dates and pay the deposit. Brands is no great loss IMHO since I couldn't do it any cheaper than a commercial trackday company and there are plenty of days available there. Oulton I am really sad about, but we will be offered space on the same date via MSV who will now be running the day themselves. I will post the info as soon as I get it. I think in reality the chances of us getting 140 DSC'rs together at Oulton was a VERY long shot anyway-but worth a go.

John
Old 02-Mar-2006, 18:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello Monty,

Sad news indeed, I was looking forward to these days.
Only sent my cheques off last week and holiday all booked.

But I understand the situation, and all I can say is thankyou and all involved for all your efforts.

I even put this little ad together to try and encourage people to put pen to paper.

never mind . . .

regards

TopiToo
Old 02-Mar-2006, 19:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Right Steve from now on its Topi Tron

I'm not suprised the other trackdays have not gone ahead, for the likes of me the two dayer at Cadwell and the racing will be eating up most of my spare cash and I intend to end this season with no more debt than I started it with as it means I can do the same again next year.
Old 02-Mar-2006, 21:16
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Shame that, I was looking forward to them, but i'll probably do the Oulton one anyway.
As for Brands, its one I'd love to do, but i'd prefer to travel down and meet up with peeps i know.

Andy

ps. TopiToo, your ad is awesome!

edited: Im sorry to see people not put their money where their talk is..... I would much prefer to pay similar or even a tiny bit more for a trackday with DSC'rs, its a so much better environment.

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by andys 900ss]
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:58
Montjuic

Gutted. I was really looking forward to them.

I would echo Andy's comments I would much rather ride with other DSC'rs and so I think the comparison with other commercial trackdays is missing the point.

For the record I think the clubs attitude towards risk on these trackdays is excessively prudent. Surely the club is there to promote riding amongst sporting Ducati riders and we should take some chances with events. If we were really hard up and/or we didn't spend money on other expensive items it would be more understandable.

However I think John deserves major gratitude for trying to get the days off the ground. Thanks John.

Dave
Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Oh! No!...I was so looking forward to doing Brands with my friends...That was a once in a lifetime experience!
Gutted

Thanks John...You really did your best to get it sorted. At least Caddie will be "spectacular" for the club!

Lisax
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:40
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by allthegearnoidea
Gutted. I was really looking forward to them.

I would echo Andy's comments I would much rather ride with other DSC'rs and so I think the comparison with other commercial trackdays is missing the point.

For the record I think the clubs attitude towards risk on these trackdays is excessively prudent. Surely the club is there to promote riding amongst sporting Ducati riders and we should take some chances with events. If we were really hard up and/or we didn't spend money on other expensive items it would be more understandable.

However I think John deserves major gratitude for trying to get the days off the ground. Thanks John.

Dave

its a balance 2 trackdays are do-able and the risks are manageable but who guarantees the circuits money if the club can't meet its obligations if we run 4?, would you underwirte it personally?? I know I wouldn't. There are 4 Ducati club TD"s this year with the DOC and UKMOC events at Mallory plus an additional day at Oulton it would be good to get an interclub system of pricing (ie no need for DSC member to join DOC and its reciprocated here) so all Ducati owners could attend and enjoy the days with their mates.

i know there are people disappointed by the cancellation of the 2 days but Cadwell will be better attended and more of a club event and we should focus on that positive side.

Well done MT in making a tough decision.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 02:21
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Tough call to make - seems a wise decision though.

When it was first posted, I did think it might be a bit of a stretch to go for 4 DSC trackdays this year. But once arranges, it now seems quite early in the year to pull them? How many trackdayers have booked other dates for this year yet?

But understanding deposit requirements / deadlines etc, I suppose its not surprising.

But thanks to Monty et al for sorting these - Cadwell 2-dayer will be a scream!!!

Tim