Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jan-2006, 14:46
Bikes: 749S

Alternatives to Termi\'s?

Afternoon all

Spent a few mins surfing for alternatives to the Termi's and stumbled across this site:

http://www.kaistra.de/ducati/teile/auspuff.html

Can any of you tell me if the BOS pipes are any good or is it just a case of waiting for me lottery numbers to turn up??

Cheers

T
Old 22-Jan-2006, 21:08
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Wow there are some really ugly cans there.
That Marving looks so wrong,....like an alien face or summat....
Old 22-Jan-2006, 21:15
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hopefully Fabios new Ti system will turn up soon and he can post pics of that, he tells me DSC members will be offered a discount by his friends in Italy if they decide to order one.
Old 23-Jan-2006, 17:10
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
..It is going to be the first in titanium (the usual is in Stainless steel) so that's the delay reason ..these italians..!!
As soon it will turn up here I'll post pictures and impressions..
But it will be early February ( I am off to Italy on wednesday for some days..)
The comments that I have from my friends in Italy are really good.. not sure about it..Italian bikers are a little bit like fishermen.. they say the catched a Tuna and instead is a red fish....
Old 23-Jan-2006, 20:02
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
You can use non-termis, but it wouldn't be proper!!!
Old 25-Jan-2006, 00:51

I've just ordered a set of Shark pipes (http://www.tecnorace.com/index2.htm) - £670 - they advertise on ebay too.

I can let you know how I get on with these if you like -- I think the look good, and come with a db-eater that brings the db back to standard pipe level (apparently)...
Old 25-Jan-2006, 19:45

Well I have been impressed enough to be placing an order with Shark hopefully next week. Despite it sounding sacriligeious to some, there is ever more out there for the Ducati's than just Termi's. Not that I don't like them I just wanted something a little different.
The guy you deal with us called Stefano and is very helpfull and replies readilly to any communication.

Big THANKS to Fabio on this also!
Old 26-Jan-2006, 11:55

Fantastic -- we're starting a new trend -- soon we'll have all Ducatisti's converted to Shark instead of Termi (ok, maybe that's a long shot). I just hope they're as good as they say they are...!!!!
I'm off to get my 999 MOT'd -- before these noisy buggers turn up!!! (am i one of the first 999ers to need an mot? - i got one of the first ones to arrive back in sept02)

Fabio -- let us know if you find out any more about the shark pipes on your travels to italy... Thanks again!!!
Old 28-Jan-2006, 12:15
DSC Club Member

Mood: Life is not a rehearsal.
I fitted Bos pipes last year, took some fitting but fine when on. With the db eaters in they still make a proper v twin noise, much better than the originals and are legal cause they are EU stamped. with out the eaters they make 2 db more and either way they are supposed to run with the stock fuel settings and seem to but so much nicer to ride with.

They come without the front intermediate pipe that has the cat in so I had it cut open & removed by a friendly engineer I know. I have now fitted the Ducati easy breathing airfilters & am going to get it dynod with a P Commander in March at Louigi Moto.

The air filters & pipes certainly make it feel far less restricted, make a lovley rumble and are legal. The internal bore is smaller than a Termi equivalent so probably will not release so much power but it depends what you want, mine had to be EU stamped.

The quality of fiberglass and fittings is excelent and I am very pleased. The shape matches the shapes of the bike but I am still unsure if I like the looks.

If you want to no more send me a U2u

Pete
Old 29-Jan-2006, 13:15
Mille

Mood: Blue.....
Has anyone used this company for any bits? They have some nice looking carbon bits I wanted for my 748 SPS. Just wondered about reliability and quality ot their products?

Moley