Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Jun-2006, 23:17
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Ericthered race report

Castle Doom.

First I have to say that was yet another fantastic weekends racing and fun.
Got the Anderson shelter tent set up Saturday morning after a good run up the M4. This two day racing was far less hectic than the all at once Cadwell and Brands days. I did get more nervous hear than usual though. I had been at the track day on Wednesday and managed to get my lap time down to what would have been a good qualifying position.

Then the off track tack ticks failed me when instead of getting to the front of the queue for timed practise I left me blue ticket in the van and had to go back for it. I was at the back of 39 bikes and instead of engaging my brain I decided to spend the first four laps battling through. Then the big feller and some others came past lapping me. What a mess, anyway 13th on the grid row 4 and out doing team mate dickdasteadly by 2 seconds. I new he would come past at the start with his launch control system but after passing him was surprised when all of a sudden he found 5 seconds a lap in the race, suckumfruckumruckum.

Race 1

Unbelievable battle with maybe five or six of us running close and ragged Phil2 Dickey, Ant, I think I managed to get up to 9th at one point but followed Ant into a gap that only he could get though. I backed out of the pass and went round the outside only to be mugged by the others behind as the inside line opened up for them, so I lost all the hard work from the previous laps.
11th in 620 and 13th place and still in one piece, all good. I can’t help feeling sorry for the leaders in the 583 having to mess it up with the battle from 7th to 10th of the 620s. But as far as racing concerned that’s the best one I’ve been in by far. My most memorable moment, overtaking Ant up the inside of Quarry on the grass. Second most memorable moment opening the throttle before I reached the track again. HeHeHeHe

Race 2

9th 620 12th place just sneaking past Dickey on the last lap after he had a missed gear going in to the cement chicane. (I’m sure your day will come soon Andrew number 64) That makes us even now Dickey as you took similar advantage of me at Cadwell with the infamous balaclava incident. Faster lap times again and as for the front runners, Geoff the invincible NOT ANY MORE

Lessons learned.

Qualify better as my track day best would have got me on the second row.
Roger asked me why I didn’t just run in through the pits to get some clear track. Sounded so ease when he said it. Doh.
Next time I get past Dickdaseadly my team mate to make sure I always brake late enough that his eyes pop out to get up the inside of me again. Take fewer prisoners and go much faster. I’ve made a packed with Dickey Ducati to get up to the next level, that means up to 5th, it’s so close I can taste it. I’m going in sound of thunder from now on. Wow I think I might be getting this racing bug serious.

Obviously the big man was stunning but have to say the new dad Rattler went as well as I’ve seen him this weekend, well done for that mate.
Old 12-Jun-2006, 23:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Fantastic report, Eric. It's great to see you really getting the bug. The words 'team mate' obviously being used pretty loosely there. Sound of Thunder, eh? Do you think that's Ali's secret? I think his secret is his kamakaze bone, as yet unbroken.

Wish I'd been there to see it but can't be in two places at once, I'm afraid. Will be there for the next one though, no question.
Old 13-Jun-2006, 00:01
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Sounds like you've got it bad mate - nice one its a drug!!!
Old 13-Jun-2006, 08:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Nice report Eric................the battles we had in race 1 were great.....evertime into quarry and tower there were 5 or 6 of us jostling for the line...inside line, outside lane....lol it was madness...........

top race

Phil
Old 13-Jun-2006, 09:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Cheers mate, great report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
My most memorable moment, overtaking Ant up the inside of Quarry on the grass. Second most memorable moment opening the throttle before I reached the track again. HeHeHeHe

I love that
Old 13-Jun-2006, 09:37
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If you are going to use the ejector seat, please don't do it right in front of me.

Thanks!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 13-Jun-2006, 09:41
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
If you are going to use the ejector seat, please don't do it right in front of me.

Thanks!

seconded......LOL.....................