Mille

Mood: Great
749S on E Bay 2003 very low miles
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-DUCATI-74...cmdZ ViewItem
Old 13-Feb-2006, 10:52
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
The 749 just seems to scream ‘fun,fun,fun’ (even if I did slate it after my brief test ride)…..

So why did you slate it then?
Old 13-Feb-2006, 11:13
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Monster mob 996s

Seems a bit cheap to me...

A 996s with a paint job at that price, say`s its been down the road...First thing I`d look for are signs of a crash.
Old 13-Feb-2006, 11:28
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I tend to think it is actually a bit too expensive.

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay after all.

The big problem with buying a bike with a custom paint job like this one is that you have to sell it to someone who likes it when you decide to move on.

You just need to look at how long these type of bikes hang around in Bike Trader for, and in the dealers of course.

It is hard enough trying to sell a standard clean well looked after Duke just now, never mind something as unique as this which is catered to a specific taste.

First thing i would be asking is how long it's been up for sale, and how many owners...........You will probably find it has changed hands a few times and been difficult to sell on each time, fine as long as you are happy with this and willing to accept the same when it come time to sell.

Bubbles is spot on with the comment about it being down the road, many people buy bikes with the intention of doing a custom paint job, sadly though there is a much larger section of people who have this forced upon them after binning it, custom paint jobs always have been and always will be a way of attempting to hide this fact.

I notice it has been done by Bike Paints, why not give them a call and see if they can shed any light on the history of the bike?

All the best what ever you decide to do, but i for one would be looking to get the price below 5k if my heart was set on it., most places have 10% in the screen price at least to play with, if not they are in the wrong game.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 13-Feb-2006, 13:13
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Quote:
The 749 just seems to scream ‘fun,fun,fun’ (even if I did slate it after my brief test ride)…..

So why did you slate it then?

cause it felt very very slow...
Old 13-Feb-2006, 13:24
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
If you are used to riding an R1, the 749 will seem like a rattly slow thing.

I remember when I had my R1 and took a 748 for a ride...I hated it, It felt hard, uncomfortable, slow and just awful...

Then years later...I love em...

As you get older, your tastes get more refined and you stop believing everything you read in MCN, things like this years must have bike is 3 grams lighter then last years model...etc etc.
Old 13-Feb-2006, 13:34
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Quote:
Why do you ask?

Moto-Rapido also have a 2005 749S, with a full termi 57mm system, that I really fancy, looks mint. Asking price is £8399. Yeah it is £3k more than the 996s, but if it falls within my budget I don’t care, I just want to enjoy what ever I buy.

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by RCA]

Is that the 749S at Moto-Rapido that is absolutely dripping in carbon (including the tank)?
I saw that the other week and it certainly looked mint and extremely tasty too.

Good luck in your search.

RX
Old 13-Feb-2006, 15:46
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
The bike has been on sale in Alvins Moto Cal here in Edinburgh for about 6 months. I know the guy fairly well who had it and to my knowledge its not been flung down the road. Pete works in Alvins for a number of years and has had loads of Dukes and it was him who had the paintjob done. Ive even joked with him for doing a swap with mine!!!

I have seen this bike in the flesh and Im personally not a big fan of all these posey paintjobs but this one looks really good.