Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 25-Aug-2009, 20:33
Bevel Head

851 forks wanted

Hello all,

Even though i have not posted anything on the site for a while, it is part of my ritual to log onto the site when i get in from work to check what is happeining in the owrld og 851/888 ownership.
I once again need the help of fellow members in order to get the old girl running and ready for an MOT, recently work and lack of funds has resulted in very little time in the garage. Andy who is a member and regular contibutor to the forum very kindly spared a Saturday a few weeks ago and we are half way there to getting the old girl started..............without babbling on too much i am having problems locating a used pair.

At first i thought they may be salvagable, but on closer inspection i doubt very much if there is anything that can done. So, i am asking for help in way shape or form to locate another pair. I have looked at the usual places such as ebay, but to no avail..............if anyone can think of where i may locate a used pair of forks, or have a pair that are surplus to requirement then i would be most grateful.

Regards
Old 25-Aug-2009, 23:27
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

If memory serves me right - depending on what you have fitted, 900ss Showa forks might be an option.

There is one nice complete set on Ebay at the moment but a little over priced:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-900-SS-...mZ280384891986

Hope you get sorted - Regards - Frank
Old 26-Aug-2009, 21:41
Bevel Head

Thanks Frank,

They are bit pricey for me at the moment to be honest with you,aslo they are upside down jobbies, so will need fiddling about, if all else fails i may pursue this route............so come on guys, look those garages and lofts, someone muct have a pair.

Regards

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit