Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Nov-2006, 14:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
BARC take control of Croft Circuit

The British Automobile Racing Club (BARC) is pleased to announce the acquisition of Croft PromoSport Ltd. (CPS), whose principal function is the day to day operation of Croft Circuit, a part of the Croft Estate in the North of England.

Dennis Carter the Chief Executive of the BARC said “The acquisition is a natural progression for the club, broadening the geographical spread of our existing circuit activities and further enhancing the club’s standing within the industry. Croft is an important facility serving a large catchment area in the North of England and complements our existing hill climb at Harewood House in the south of the region. I am pleased to say that the agreement will see both the Croft Estate and the BARC working together in to the future and will enable the further development of facilities on the site. I am also pleased to say that the existing management team and staffing arrangements at Croft are to remain in place, making the acquisition and change of ownership seamless. ”

Trevor Chaytor-Norris whose family own Croft said, “We are very pleased to have entered into a long term agreement with the BARC by them taking over CPS. The BARC have formed the spine of British motorsport since their inception in 1912 and they bring a high level of expertise that will ensure the continued success of Croft as a major motor and motorcycle sport venue. Over the last twelve years, with the support of an excellent team, run by the family and Chaired by Peter Gaydon, Croft has been brought back to the forefront of British motorsport venues. Croft first hosted race meetings in the late 1940’s on the old bomber aerodrome runways. Now the purpose built venue hosts rounds of both The British Touring Car Championship and The British Superbike Championship. I am sure that the BARC will help bring about a new and exciting chapter in Croft’s illustrious history.”