Old 03-Feb-2006, 16:49
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I have checked against commercial days and the club is a bit cheaper on Brands for end May.
John

Hmmm, this bit technically isn't true Focused for example have a date in May for £149 and a date in June for £149

Focused 15/5 Brands Indy

Focused 14/6

Not trying to be pedantic and be a sh*t stirrer Monty, just stating fact

I stand corrected JP-mind you they have the same days on the UK Trackdays listing at £159-which is where I checked since all days are there not just focused.
All I can assume is that they have a special deal with Brands MSV-(which I have been assured they don't) since they will need to fill it to make anything at all-without allowing for their cost's. What they may be doing is booking the track and providing their own medical and marshall cover-in which case they are not bound by MSV's operating procedures and can put more people out on track.

John

[Edited on 3-2-2006 by Monty]

Its probably got something to do with Focused running evening sessions. Evenings get light fairly early in the year, so Focused will probably have a three group full day event, plus a two group evening session at £69 or similar ... got to be some savings there somewhere, crafty so and so's.
Old 03-Feb-2006, 23:52
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Forms downloaded and printed. All I need is a money-making scheme now.

Ah to hell with that, it grows on trees or something.

Now, B&Bs near Oulton Park ... some research required.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 00:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Only a wild guess but I reckon peeps will moan that the days should be Ducati only!! You can't please all of the peeps all of the time and various other cliche.

The Ducati only days are always something spesh, unique now in the UK???

Ray.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 09:02
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
Only a wild guess but I reckon peeps will moan that the days should be Ducati only!! You can't please all of the peeps all of the time and various other cliche.

The Ducati only days are always something spesh, unique now in the UK???

Ray.

The monster club have run a TD for Monsters only for at least a few years, i get the impression they are running one this year too.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 09:09
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
imho DSC trackdays should be ducati only. only my view but thats what its all about afaic.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 09:12

Forms filled in and sent off for Brands & Cadwell, looking forward to it, missed out on some track action last year so need to make up for it.

All I need now is some cheap plastic bodywork.........?
Old 07-Feb-2006, 09:20
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
imho DSC trackdays should be ducati only. only my view but thats what its all about afaic.

nice in the ideal world but people like Jon, Firefly, Skids etc etc all miss out then.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 09:27
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
sure and its a shame but i think the allure of ducati only days is strong for current/potential new members. if there are 3 or more then yes make the others open to any bike.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 10:05

Just the opinion of a new member but I'd like to say that a club run one make trackday does appeal to me. I've tried various trackdays in the past some good some bad but I'm hoping the DSC will be a more gentlemanly affair. Not that I'm not up for a some fast riding or a bit of laugh, but would hope to enjoy it with some like minded people with a mutual respect for each others enjoyment and safety.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 10:33
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

nice in the ideal world but people like Jon, Firefly, Skids etc etc all miss out then.

Jon has a 996R and Skids has about 7 gazillion ducati's! So the only person on that list that is valid is Firefly. I'm sure that someone would help her out getting on track on a Ducati given that she is a lovely person and is the daughter of the BHC massive RO. You also need to bear in mind that of the 4 TD's organised by Monty this year only one of them is Ducati only.

We do need to keep a little perspective here.