Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Oct-2006, 22:41
DaveB916

And finally one more lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-69xbqTKA

Sun was getting low hence poor quality video.

Was supposed to be videoing the guy on the Aprilia, but got 'mugged' quite viciously going into first set of bends called T13 by an MV then wiated for his mate to come past on ZX10, long story short my mate on Aprilia pulled over to let me chase them, no b****y chance on straights, but reeled a bit back under braking and cornering.

Was a good fun lap, and where else on earth can you ride like that for 13 miles at a time with no on-coming traffic ???

Dave B
Old 23-Oct-2006, 22:44
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB916
And finally one more lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-69xbqTKA

Sun was getting low hence poor quality video.

Was supposed to be videoing the guy on the Aprilia, but got 'mugged' quite viciously going into first set of bends called T13 by an MV then wiated for his mate to come past on ZX10, long story short my mate on Aprilia pulled over to let me chase them, no b****y chance on straights, but reeled a bit back under braking and cornering.

Was a good fun lap, and where else on earth can you ride like that for 13 miles at a time with no on-coming traffic ???

Dave B

TRUE !
Old 23-Oct-2006, 23:46
500SD

Hi guys

I've a video on my hard-drive of a guy doing a commentary whilst riding the Nurburgring. He's riding a virtually standard RC30, and is running on ordinary Metzeler MEZ1 road tyres (circa 1993). Takes him about 8mins on this lap (although his record time is 7.49). So far as I can discover, it's still a production-bike lap record.

If this is actually true, can anyone shed any light as to why this time has never been beaten? Also, as a matter of interest, what are all the white painted letters on the road surface?

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...5100ae3aff.htm

Last edited by weeveetwin : 23-Oct-2006 at 23:49.
Old 23-Oct-2006, 23:53
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeveetwin
Hi guys

I've a video on my hard-drive of a guy doing a commentary whilst riding the Nurburgring. He's riding a virtually standard RC30, and is running on ordinary Metzeler MEZ1 road tyres (circa 1993). Takes him about 8mins on this lap (although his record time is 7.49). So far as I can discover, it's still a production-bike lap record.

If this is actually true, can anyone shed any light as to why this time has never been beaten? Also, as a matter of interest, what are all the white painted letters on the road surface?

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...5100ae3aff.htm

jourund siem beat that on a gixxer thou in 2002 but he is no longer with us !

paint on road is grafiti !

mav
Old 23-Oct-2006, 23:55
DaveB916

The man is Helmut Dahne a legend at the Nurburgring, I have a DVD of him taking an ealry SPS around the track not as quickly as the RC30 but I do not believe he was trying that hard.

I doubt his 7:48 is still the 'lap record' but he set that some years ago when the start finish was in a different place to today, so we will never really get a true comparison.

I ran a personal best of 8:22 which was very quick for me but was taken easily by 2 German plated R1's, I knowthere is a vid somewhere of one of them running 7:32 I believe.

The white markings are exactly that, they are where people take a paint brush to the track can be quite offputting in the morning if the track is a little damp....lol

Dave B
Old 24-Oct-2006, 00:03
500SD

Cheers Mav/Dave

A lot more graffiti on there now than back in '93!

Can't find any info on Jourund Siem. Was his lap unofficial? Google says the above record still stands. Hard to believe tho - after so many years..!

The story goes that Helmut Dahne was testing tyres for Metzeler. Sounds like it could be true, since he mentions the tyres once or twice in his commentary.

Last edited by weeveetwin : 24-Oct-2006 at 00:07.
Old 24-Oct-2006, 00:09
DaveB916

Some info on the guy, sadly no longer riding there.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/joerund/index.html
Old 24-Oct-2006, 00:27
Ducati Corse

[quote=DaveB916

I ran a personal best of 8:22 which was very quick for me but was taken easily by 2 German plated R1's, I knowthere is a vid somewhere of one of them running 7:32 I believe.

Dave B[/QUOTE]

that might be our Bren then !
Old 24-Oct-2006, 00:33
DaveB916

Yeah it would have been Bren but not shure where he hosts that vid. any ideas?

He is bl***y scarey out there .....lolol
Old 24-Oct-2006, 00:35
DaveB916

Here it is....now hang on tight:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53740211&hl=de