Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 31-Dec-2009, 22:58

This is what happens when your research funders want you to come to their conclusion.

What is contained in this report is disgraceful.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/im...%20Scandal.pdf
Old 01-Jan-2010, 00:32
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo
This is what happens when your research funders want you to come to their conclusion.

What is contained in this report is disgraceful.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/im...%20Scandal.pdf

Christopher Monckton of Brenchley is a repected fool in some quarters
Old 03-Jan-2010, 09:11
Mille
Bikes: 750ss Monster 750,Monster S4

Mood: happy
Global warning is total ****.....the world was much warmer 2000 years ago when the Romans grew vines in UK and also at the time of the Vikings Greenland was covered in crops and trees that why they called it Greenland.

I know many research scientists who do not believe in So called global warming but who.s voices are drowned out ...some openly say that most of the most vocal Pro Global Warming scientists were the same idiots who said in the 1970s that we were on the verge of Global Cooling ...yeah right...and when found out switched to Global warming to protect careers and money and power.and what about David Bellamy who is no longer seen on TV or other Media ...why because he is anti global warming and people respect him for telling the truth so he is sidelined by the PC BBC morons.

This year the summer temps in Thailand were average but so far this and last years winters have been coldest on record actual ice on the ground in the North and peole freezing to death in Issan, unheard off before.

Al Gore has personally made $2bn yes thats Billion from Carbon Trading what a scammer.

You are all being taken for a ride by political pygmies and dubious media types with agendas.....beware.
Old 03-Jan-2010, 10:46
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
[quote=jerryz]Global warning is total ****.....the world was much warmer 2000 years ago when the Romans grew vines in UK and also at the time of the Vikings Greenland was covered in crops and trees that why they called it Greenland."

And what happened to those Vikings in Greenland when the climate cooled again? They died off due to climate change!!!!! Surely that proves the converse to what you are saying?

Climate changes have been a factor in killing off (and encouraging) many human civilisations. Before humans, climate change has been responsible for global mass extinctions due to a variety of triggers. Fossil evidence sugests that at least some of these mass extinctions have been due to dramatic and very sudden shifts in global temperature. There are fossil forests in Antartica dating from when it was still over the South pole (~40 million years ago). The majority of climate scientists agree that AVERAGE global temperature is currently rising and if more than a few degrees wil cause pronounced disruption to the global climate. As I understand it, we do not know for absolute certain that the post-industrial CO2 rise is responsible for the current warming period but if it is we are in big trouble if we continue to pump CO2 into the air.

Keith
Old 07-Jan-2010, 12:58
Bikes: Ducati 748, Ducati 851, Honda CBR600RR

Mood: Varies!
Friday rant

I,m with the sceptics on this - global warming has become a huge industry which is making a lot of people a lot of money and virtually all the people who campaign on the issue of global warming generate a bigger carbon footprint in a week than I do in a lifetime! There seems to be a lack of honesty about many of the issues such as the nonsense of carbon trading and "zero emission" electric vehicles which are powered by electricity generated by coal-fired power stations (as well as all the toxic metals in the batteries). The only real way to assess the environmental impact of any technology is over the total life cycle so you need to measure the energy used to manufacture something instead of just the energy used to run it - I suspect that in the case of wind turbines the energy they produce during their short lifetime does not even pay back the energy required to manufacture, install and maintain them.
The disturbing thing about the global warming lobby is how easily it has distracted attention from the real issues such as the extinction of other species and the damage that man is doing to the environment by uncontrolled development and the rapidly expanding population.

I,m off to take my medication now and dream of dry roads and vee twin noises!
Old 07-Jan-2010, 13:26
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
There are two major things that concern me regarding this subject.

Would I place my mouth over the end of some of the smoke stacks that belch fumes out into the atmosphere, NO I would not and why should we continue to doing this to our world.

The available supply of fuels, Gas, Oil whatever, more and more we are reliant on overseas sources so what happens one day when, say for instance Russia decides to pull the plug a bit like to Ukraine we would be ****ed.
Old 08-Jan-2010, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
There are two major things that concern me regarding this subject.

Would I place my mouth over the end of some of the smoke stacks that belch fumes out into the atmosphere, NO I would not and why should we continue to doing this to our world.

The available supply of fuels, Gas, Oil whatever, more and more we are reliant on overseas sources so what happens one day when, say for instance Russia decides to pull the plug a bit like to Ukraine we would be ****ed.

We would be knee deep in horse shite
Old 08-Jan-2010, 13:12
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint

Does that mean you'd put your mouth over a car/bike exhaust?

Trouble is, no-one wants to give up the benefits of modern society even if it is detrimental to the planet.
Old 08-Jan-2010, 13:27
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
Does that mean you'd put your mouth over a car/bike exhaust?

No I wouldn't but I would be happy enough to ride an electric bike.

You are right about our creature comforts but there is no harm in trying to reduce ones impact on our environment.

I do have a very great interest in alternative energy production and a question I keep asking when looking at products in this ilk is, how long will it take to repay the environmental impact in it's production.
Old 08-Jan-2010, 16:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
there was an interesting program on TV last night about farming in Brazil, showing their bio-fuel production. Clever stuff.

Re some of the earlier comments, - sure global warming/change has been going on for millions of years, - I am sure when they cut down millions of trees from North America for their intensive farming there was an impact somewhere in the world, - but nowadays we have almost instant reporting of news worldwide, so we get to see the impact. And combined with a global economy that is not able to react quickly to change the main problem with change is down to money/shareholders etc.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit