Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Nov-2005, 16:18
Mille

Got the hot hands velcro type as well. Dead easy to fit. I think you loss a little "feel" on the throttle due to the increase in grip diameter but I couldn't ride in the cold without them. I paid about £30.
Old 23-Nov-2005, 21:48
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Sorry, no pics but will try to take some for you this weekend. No promises though as I have a bit of a heavy weekend planned
Old 23-Nov-2005, 22:54
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Cheers John
Old 04-May-2006, 15:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
heated grips because it\'s cold today you know!!

Looked into this for my st4s, the guys at Moto Rapido tied to fit Multistrada ones and they don't go on, but I was down there last week and a Ducati spares lady was there, she informed us there was a genuine ST specific heated grip kit, so contact Craig on 01962 877998 he has the part numbers required

[Edited on 4-5-2006 by jeff st4s]
Old 04-May-2006, 15:41
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
My bike had the Oxford grips fitted when I bought it - they only have the switch and LED rather than the luxury of a thermostat.
The standard switch setup looked awful so I pulled it to bits and used the bits along with a 12V garden lighting connector box from B&Q to make this.....
It mounts on a hole tapped into the leading edge of the yoke that Ducati thoughtfully installed for me!
Old 07-Jan-2007, 20:39
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Talking UPDATED Heated Grips

Eventually I bought Daytona heated grips, £45, I managed to remove the OE grips without damaging them. I have not glued the Daytonas on as they are so tight and I cant see them moving. The throttle grip needed fettling with the B & Q dremmel, both are fixed on using the OE bar ends. I soldered the live wire to the aux. outlet socket wiring on the underside of the fuse box and the negative to the headlight/chassis. I made a simple angle bracket from stainless which is bolted to the tapped hole in the centre of the handlebars and the control switch is glued to it.

Havent actually ridden the bike yet but in the garage they worked a treat.

Thanks to everyone for their tips and information and James who assisted throughout the head scratching stages and tidied up the bracket.