Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Oct-2005, 23:33
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE

A quick question for those that voted for the "sort our own option" .. who will organise it ?? who will take out the liability insurance ?? who will write the minimum 50% deposit cheque for the circuit ?? reserve the hotel rooms (again, deposit req), book the transporter (again more deposit req) ???

Great idea but doesn't really fly does it ???

I suggested putting that as an option because track days seem to work on commitment - as shown by TA5. It seems to me that within the DSC there are those who may well be prepared to commit (as oppose to being committed) - so you ask them for 50% upfront. That covers your deposits as well as spreading the cost of the trip. There is a trust there that you wouldn't normally give to an external service provider.
Reserving hotel rooms are easy enough on line, I am sure a block booking would not be too difficult.
This is all obviously only off the top of my head, but if the majority do want vote for the 'in-house' option as it were, then surely its worth a look?
Old 19-Oct-2005, 23:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Has anyone spoken to Mark at No Limits and asked what his plans are for next year?

Not yet but it's definately on the agenda .....

A quick question for those that voted for the "sort our own option" .. who will organise it ?? who will take out the liability insurance ?? who will write the minimum 50% deposit cheque for the circuit ?? reserve the hotel rooms (again, deposit req), book the transporter (again more deposit req) ???

I personally wouldn't take on the responsibilty, thats what people like No Limits, TofS etc ae for ..... just my opinion ...

I don't mind covering for all of the above, so long has I get some return on my investment
Old 20-Oct-2005, 00:04
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone spoken to Mark at No Limits and asked what his plans are for next year?

I personally wouldn't take on the responsibilty, thats what people like No Limits, TofS etc ae for ..... just my opinion ...

I don't mind covering for all of the above, so long has I get some return on my investment

The boy's finally learning !!!!!
Old 20-Oct-2005, 00:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:

The boy's finally learning !!!!!

I've had a good teacher
Old 20-Oct-2005, 12:31
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I think Dibble's put forward many reasons why organising it yourself can be problematic, look at TA5 for example (no bad mouthing etc intended) but numbers etc were low and for a long while it looked like the event wasn't going to happen, and the club was going to lose a vast amount of money and no doubt Monty had a few sleepless nights worrying about it to boot!

Personally I'd go back to Jerez today, but I'd love to see what Almeria, Cartegena, Albacete, Valencia were like also. WJB did drop me a U2U saying Mark/No limits were planning others (possibly) but no dates etc were available yet, and although they're running a trip to Jerez at the beginning of the year various people, myself included have been unsure about the weather etc.

Do we have the DD dates for 2006 yet?
Old 20-Oct-2005, 12:35
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM

Do we have the DD dates for 2006 yet?

there IS a provisional calendar out, but dates wont be definately confirmed till early new year
Old 23-Oct-2005, 22:47
BSB Star

Evenin'

For all those who have shown an interest, I've received an email from Gerry @racedays, see below...

Hi Jon,

thank you for your enquiry and please excuse the delay in
responding.

Unfortunately the Almeria circuit administrators have double booked for that weekend and now can only offer us two days. We require 3 days to make it viable and so have secured Jerez 7.8.9 April as an alternative. This is likely only to be offered as an Academy date, details of which will be available on our site shortly. We have secured a 4th day (easter
monday) at Valencia and will have full details for this event finalised in
the next weeks. I'll send a full reply to your questions then if that's ok?

Best regards

Gerry Bryce
Old 24-Oct-2005, 19:40
500SD

Jon,get yer finger oot and find out aboot Brno..
Old 24-Oct-2005, 19:52
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by berto

Were looking at going there for the gp next year! OOh so many choices...........................
Old 25-Oct-2005, 12:53
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by berto

Thought our man Bill was looking into that? Have you boys sorted anything for next year yet then?