Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Oct-2006, 19:41
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyHippo
talked to Chass today

It's ok, you'll recover

Quote:
I'm up for the trip

Nice one!

Quote:
but have 2 questions:

1 - I'll be in the trackday group – would it be OK to use my Aprilia RS250 track bike, or do I need to make sure Louigi books my 749 engine work in before the trip? The Aprilia is cheaper to crash!

You can ride anything you like in the trackday group.

Quote:
2 - Anyone else going from Bristol area? Two reasons - bike transportation to Norfolk + flying Bristol to Malaga and sharing a hire car?

I spoke to MCM Motofreight today, and it sounds likely that next year they will be doing a national collection service only (to/from motorway services etc), rather than a 'drop it off in Norfolk' service.

Will keep you posted as nothing is confirmed, but either way, the Louigi Moto bikes will need to go, so we can probably sort yours out as well - probably, somehow.
Old 24-Oct-2006, 19:45

Mood: grizzly
Cheers Dom,

I live just down the road from Louigi Moto and am always dropping in, so I'm sure I've bumped into you at some point... probably one day when Rich was throwing his toys out of the pram and swearing a lot... could be any day really ;-)

Tom
Old 24-Oct-2006, 20:10
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyHippo
when Rich was throwing his toys out of the pram and swearing a lot.

I don't believe that for one second

I'll keep updating things and PM people too with latest info.

Perhaps I should get an email database togther too. Hrmmm.

Old 24-Oct-2006, 20:30
Mille

help

just spent half hour typing loads of info out. went to preview it to check my spiling and it said I had to log in again and then it had disappeared and I'm fzxjkkkkkkkkkkkk. any way of retrieving it??
Old 24-Oct-2006, 20:34
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Quote:
Originally Posted by racedays
just spent half hour typing loads of info out. went to preview it to check my spiling and it said I had to log in again and then it had disappeared and I'm fzxjkkkkkkkkkkkk. any way of retrieving it??

I don't think so, I've had ths happen a few times so I type in Word and cut and past when its finished. Unless it's just a quick reply.

Mike
Old 24-Oct-2006, 20:35
Mille

Thanks Mike, it was a masterpiece as well. Oh well, off to do it in word. Good advice! Gerry
Old 24-Oct-2006, 20:43
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
We will all look forward to it then. Come on get your finger out there aint much on the telly tonight.

Mike
Old 24-Oct-2006, 21:24
Mille

Telly, what's that? Right 2nd time lucky. It's not the same doing it again, the magic's gone….

Hi everyone, looks like there's a lot of interest in this and it should be a goer so a bit of info:

Hotel. We've asked the Hotel Villa de Gor to reserve us 20 twin rooms. They are yet to give us a final price for extra guests but should be around £20 a night with breakfast. We need to know pretty soon how many non-riding guests please to arrange the extra. The hotel is pretty good (we've stayed there often and it makes the £120 a night Brands Thistle look like a bad joke!) There is a gym for the supafit DD racers, a 6 person Jacuzzi for, er….family groups? A pool table, bar and a great restaurant next door with 24 hour cocktails. It's 5 minutes from the track. Guadix town is about 15 mins from the hotel and has plenty of bars and a scarey night club run by Russians where even famous BSB racers have been told off…Guadix also has one of the best restaurants in the world, ever, and it's in a cave. Cool or what? It would be a great night out for everyone so if there's an interest we'll reserve the 'big' cave.

Weather. It can be pretty parky in Feb/Mar even in Southern Spain, and a bit of snow all the way to Morrocco isn't unheard of if there's a polar airmass moving down (see those Seats spin!). However the track has only had to close because of snow on 2 separate days in separate years in the last decade. In the last such unusual cold spell teams were coming from a closed Jerez to test at Guadix so it really is in the hands of the Gods. There's usually a breeze at the circuit and in the unlikely event of overnight precipitation the track should be dry by 10ish. In general it's warm in the sun and chilly at night. So bring some woollies rather than shorts and t-shirts (will probably be 25 c now I've said that….)

Extras –
Dean Ellison should be available for instruction at very reasonable rates. Dean's one of the nicest guys you could meet and when he's not making Gurlies swoon he's one of the fastest riders out there. As he'll prove next year when he's on a decent bike…shh… (may be an honourary DDer for 07….)
Iain Wayne, ex TT racer and all round capable spanner monkey will be on hand to fix the inevitable mishaps/blowups (30 + Dukes…eek) at a small cost and we'll have tyre sales and changing facilities to hand as well.

Skiing/Boarding, Ferrari hot laps, top offroading with Redtread – let us know if you fancy making a holiday of it. We have special rates with these guys and are happy to pass them on for this event.

Sadly I've got to go to Mugello now , then Holland , Germany then Jerez so the best way to contact us is by e-mail please at info@racedays.net I'll then send you a 'DesmoDue and special guests' booking form and we'll confirm as soon as numbers are reached.

Thanks for the interest, it should be a blast , and thanks to the DSC forum for letting us advertise it here.

And special thanks to Dom for getting it rolling. You're great Dom.

Last edited by racedays : 24-Oct-2006 at 21:27.
Old 25-Oct-2006, 23:25
Dibble

possibly interested, one quick question though, the Racedays site says that the 26/27 Feb is exclusive BSB testing .. is their site or the dates here out of synch ?

cheers
Old 25-Oct-2006, 23:32
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBBLE
possibly interested, one quick question though, the Racedays site says that the 26/27 Feb is exclusive BSB testing .. is their site or the dates here out of synch ?

cheers

It'd be great to see you there fella - AFAIK, this is between some BSB testing. Its a really good deal too - not sure how they're doing it, but I'm booking up before they change their mind.

Tim