Ducati Sporting Club UK
Shazaams! Posts
Collected copies of Shazaams! Posts A variety of Technical issues are discussed in this forum. However, the Ducati Sporting Club or any authors cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content of this section. Anyone attempting modifications on the basis of any information presented does so entirely at their own risk !

Prev   Next
Old 26-May-2004, 20:24

1 - Advice on Buying a used Ducati Superbike

Hi there everyone.

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I cant seem to find the answer!

Basically I am looking to upgrade my Yamaha R6 to a 748, ideally a 1998 onwards bike, but it the right circumstances came up I wouldnt be adverse to an earlier model.

What I am after is some information and guidance about what to look for when buying a ducati, tell tail signs of a bad example, typical prices to pay and the like.

I'm probably going to need to trade my R6 in because it has 25000 miles and is unlikely to sell privately, despite being an excellent example.

Anyway, hopefully you can offer some advice to someone who wants to join the Ducati club!

Many thanks,
Couger.