Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Apr-2011, 22:37
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilo006
Great to follow. It would be interesting to know what the final cost is.
Looks pretty cool so far.
No samco hoses?

What have you enjoyed most so far?

I have one of those connectors on my 998(9)R. No cover. Will check to see the colour of the wires.

I'm keeping a log of my spend which depending on how nasty it is i will let everyone know lol.

No hoses. They don't add any performance and are hidden under a fairing so the standard ones will do me fine. So far its hard to say what was the most enjoyable part was. Stripping it down was good but i have to say getting the rolling chassis together was a high. The last few days has seen some cool stuff going on

I got some nice new levers. Bargin on ebay from Hong Kong - I paid less than this though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-749-999...em43a35 c2257

Does anyone know where the thread is about fitting 999 master cylinders. Someone kindly posted the part numbers needed for the remote reservoirs that i will need. I've searched but can't find it.

I've also started getting my gorgeous Translogic dash fitted. Wiring will be fun.

I also got some nice rubber mounts. Also from the bay

Here it is fitted. I'm retaining the old warning lights. Mostly to fill the hole below the dash.

Old 12-Jul-2011, 10:42
Mille

Its been a while since my last update. Brakes are now fitted and have fluid in them. My datatool system 3 has packed in. When i put my mates alarm PCB in i was able to turn her over on the button. I'm searching for a new alarm PCB as thats pretty much all thats keeping me off the road. I've now got a full set of body work too. I'll post pics soon.
Old 12-Jul-2011, 18:57
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Looking good Chris, look forward to the updated pics.

Chris
Old 18-Jul-2011, 13:10
Mille

Here are my updated pics

P34's looking good

I've gone for triumph 675 indicators. Think they really suit the bike. They use the same mounting system but the connectors had to be changed.

I also wired in the dash. Very excited about this.

I'm on to sorting out the tank now. The wires were pulled out of the connection block. Does anyone know the order these are supposed to be it. My haynes only shows the bike side of the connector block.

The fuel hoses were also ripped out and the connectors are broken.

I'm sure i saw somewhere that triumph parts are the same but cheaper. Does anyone know where the best plaxce for these fittings is?
Old 20-Jul-2011, 19:39
Mille

I got a nice package in the post from Antony today. Top service sir so thanks for that! Thought it would be rude to hang around so got them fitted. Bit better than before lol.

I also got some nice new sproket nuts

Then i got all carried away and place some bodywork on for fun. Its really close now.

Old 21-Jul-2011, 08:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris99
I got all excited by the nice day and when i got home from work i put a bit of colour on one side of the frame. I wish i had somewhere to hang it so i could do both sides at the same time. Wonder if the washing line would take it lol. It'll take a couple of coats to cover fully but i'm happy so far. The colour is Ford radient red from Halfrauds. Its not that far away from Ducati red to be honest - Maybe a touch brighter?. Will see what the next coat does. In all it'll be much cheaper than a pro job anyway.

Just a quick question, did you sand blast strip to bare the frame before painting, or did you sand it down manually... Or just painted on top of the old paint??
Old 21-Jul-2011, 10:24
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by pguenet
Just a quick question, did you sand blast strip to bare the frame before painting, or did you sand it down manually... Or just painted on top of the old paint??

I sanded by hand just enought to give a nice flat finish and get rid of any marks. The old paint is mostly still there.
Old 03-Aug-2011, 21:19
Big Twin

Collected a frame at the weekend for my project. Bought a Ford Radiant Red as well... I am planning to sand down to flat finish, do a layer of white primer, then Red then probably a final coat of lacquer.

I hope it turns out as good as yours as my painting skills are not that great...

Wish me luck!
p
Old 03-Aug-2011, 22:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Collected a frame at the weekend for my project. Bought a Ford Radiant Red as well... I am planning to sand down to flat finish, do a layer of white primer, then Red then probably a final coat of lacquer.

I hope it turns out as good as yours as my painting skills are not that great...

Wish me luck!
p

Good luck Phillipe
I cheat as I use the local powder coaters

Looking good Chris, do you still need the order for the pump wiring

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Aug-2011, 18:27
Mille

Quote:

Wish me luck!
p

Good luck buddy. Just take your time.

FYI i used red primer on mine.