Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Nov-2003, 20:11
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Ground anchor, chain and padlock

Any of you fellow 749/999ers use a ground anchor, chain and padlock? If so how do you chain it up, what route do use for the chain? So far I’ve gone through the rear wheel round the swinging arm. The only problem I can see with this is if the rear wheel is removed then the chain could be pulled over the swing arm. I just can’t find another choice fore routing the chain.

Murray Mint
Old 09-Nov-2003, 20:46
Dibble

Murray, you may need a longer chain (I have a 1.5m Oxford one) but you should if you park the bike directly over anchor be able to feed it through the triangle in the frame and out the otherside of the bike, bring the other end of the chain up from under the bike to meet it and then padlock it, it means they would have to cut the frame in two places and dismantle the bike or cut the chain/break the lock.

The other choice you have is to feed it through the the frame on just one side and then lock it, I used this method when I only had a short lock and Webbys 749 in my garage ....