Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Oct-2004, 22:01
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Thanks Bold,
Your a gent, i shall have a look at the coils tonight before it goes in to ducati for repair as it is still under warrenty, but the big issue will be the red key again i dont know if they will need it to sort it out, i dont think so but fingers crossed, i should be very interesting, thanks again for the info.
Kind Regards Phillip OBBC

Murrey Mint,
yes mate you are right the clocks are the same as i checked the part numbers for 749 and 999 and the same beast 406.1.015.1A so you just set them up differently as per different model.
Thanks again for info mate
Old 29-Oct-2004, 22:40
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
yes murray but then what about the chip in the ecu?? phillip they will ask for the red key and be surprised if they dont if the engine management light is on cos it will have to reset.
Old 30-Oct-2004, 00:06
GTL

If you have a coil or wiring fault which is fixed then the red key will not be required as there is no "reset"option.

Red key would be required if new clock set is changed or when new cpu is fitted this codes it to the clocks/immoboliser
Old 30-Oct-2004, 00:36
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Thanks again for the replies lads, i have had the eobd light come on before when i had a general lights problem and when i replaced the blown fuse the light went off, so i am applying the same logic that if coil then it is an electrical fault and fault find and replace and that should be it, i think that is more wishful thinking !!!! but i have convinced myself, but will keep you all up to date with the final findings,
Fingers crossed.
Thanks again all.
Regards Phill