Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 07-Mar-2011, 14:23
Bikes: 900ssie

Mood: Happy
Auto Italia Car Day Brooklands Museum

Good Day to you All

My name is Fred and I am with the DOC, the thing is that the club has been asked to take part in the Auto Italia at Brooklands Museum Surrey, on the 30th April, this year is the 25th Anniversary for this event.

Now would you as a club like to take part and also help to make this years events the biggest turn out of Ducati’s every seen, if you would could I ask you to contact me on events@docgb.net

Now for some details:

Gates open at 08;30
Cost is £12;00 pre-booked and £14;00 on the day tickets are from www.brooklandsmuseumshop.com or 01932 857381
12;00 – 13;00hrs Track Demo on Mercedes Benz test track
14;45 – 15;30 Test Hill run
17;00 Event Closed.

The Bikes will be Parked around the Club House, so that any one going in or out of the Restaurant will see all the bikes on display.
All types of Ducati’s are welcome.

I look forward to seeing you on the day

Fred
Old 22-Mar-2011, 12:59

Good Day

Just a quick call to say that the Auto Italia at Brooklands Museum Surrey on the 30th April is now only six weekends away.

I can only ask if the DSC would like to take part in events in and about the Surrey and Sussex area that the DOC has received an invite for, and as there has been a nil response to this post, must I take this as the DSC saying that they would not be interested in doing joint events with the DOC ? if by posting this and I have put any ones nose out then I am SORRY.

Fred Ellis
Old 22-Mar-2011, 17:49
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Don't think that you have upset anyone by your post, think it's a great idea to do stuff together. I exspect the lack of response is due to;
1. Appathy....there's a lot of it about
or
2. The ticket price.

I can't commit on the 30th at the moment, but if I can nearer the time, will it be ok to russle up a few mates from the Hants region and just turn up on the day?

Roy

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 23-Mar-2011, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor
Don't think that you have upset anyone by your post, think it's a great idea to do stuff together. I exspect the lack of response is due to;
1. Appathy....there's a lot of it about
or
2. The ticket price.

I can't commit on the 30th at the moment, but if I can nearer the time, will it be ok to russle up a few mates from the Hants region and just turn up on the day?

Roy

Thank you Roy for your comments, I can not do a thing about the cost of the tickets as that is set by the Museum and the Mag Auto Itaila, and YES you and all your mates and any more of the DSC will be more that welcome on the day just come via the Campbell Gate,all the bikes are being parked by the Pump next to the club house, cost on the day is £14:00.
Old 23-Mar-2011, 10:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

Hi Fred,

Don't worry, you've not upset anyone! I was expecting people to reply directly to the post if they wanted to join (or not if they just want to turn up on the day) rather than trying to organise anything specific within the DSC.

I have a meeting with Martyn and Graham from DOCGB (and Rob of UKMOC) on friday, and I'll mention this kind of thing to them. At our last inter-club meeting back in November we did discuss the cross-promotion of club events, and the DSC have already promoted the UKMOC trackday as a result, so we're definitely open to this sort of thing - why not, we're all Ducati enthusiasts after all!

I'm happy for you to keep reminding people about this event on the board and I would suggest that you send an email to our Surrey RO, but we don't currently have one I'm afraid!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 23-Mar-2011, 11:34
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
I might be up for a rideout to this if anyone is interested.
Old 23-Mar-2011, 19:32

Good Evening to you All

Thank you for all your comments, I must have not made myself clear with regards to puting names forward I only need to have some idea of numbers with regards to space, I will do better next time.

Antonye I did run this past Martyn at the start of the Month and he was well up for it, I for one would like to see both our clubs along side each other at the shows,

There is a show takening place at Dunsfold Airfield on the 28th and 29th August called Wings and Whells, last year they asked for any Moto/Owners Bike Clubs to take part the only thing is all enterys must be in by June and I do think that entry is free, I will post detail later this week.

Again thank you all for your comments.

Fred
Old 30-Mar-2011, 14:44

Hi Guy's just to say it is only 4 Saturday's to go, so now would be the time to book your ticket and save your self £2:00 on the gate price.

Fred
Old 21-Apr-2011, 14:45

Hi Just to say that we only have two Saturdays left, if any one is coming on the day you will find the bikes by the old Petrol Pump just to the rear of the Club House.
Old 21-Apr-2011, 16:58
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep diver
Hi Just to say that we only have two Saturdays left, if any one is coming on the day you will find the bikes by the old Petrol Pump just to the rear of the Club House.

Fred, I have no idea if SWMBO has any plans for us that weekend-if not I may be able to potter down-either on the Multistrada or even trail the 450RT.
I know the ticket price is set by the Museum-but the last time I went to this-I admit about 13/14 years ago-it was free if you arrived on or in something Italian.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!