Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jan-2006, 00:22
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Warranty Claim (Stroke of luck, that ...)

Well, my 999S came back from the dealer at the weekend after an extended stay. The crossover shaft thingy that let go at Brands Hatch in the summer , and caused the engine to eat its woodruff key and pulleys, was due to be replaced, plus the engine casings required re-painting as they were looking very shabby.
Initially, Ducati UK said that the casings could be repainted, but they mysteriously changed their minds and decided to simply replace them instead. Also replaced were some internal bearings and seals that came with the casings - result!

Then ...
Examination of the original right-hand casing showed that the front lug that bolts to the frame had a 2cm crack in it! Must have been from my last off. I hate to think what that would have cost me.

So it's Thank You to my dealer (a well known West Sussex Ducati franchise located in Chichester), to Ducati UK and to whatever gods there are that decided to do me a (big) favour on this occasion!

Old 17-Jan-2006, 00:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
glad you got lucky...but not sure I would be shouting about it on here if I could have been to blame mate...whi knows what the dealer put it thru at!
Old 17-Jan-2006, 01:06
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Hey Paul
Good advice, but it's all a done deal and nothing shady about it. I recall now that Ducati UK felt that that repainting the casings would have been a wasted effort ,as the paint would most likely have lifted shortly afterwards - the decision has been made. The casings had to be replaced, to keep the customer happy. I just got incredibly lucky.

Old 17-Jan-2006, 02:03
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
davie ravie had a repaint done recently, his casing was shocking, someone told me that they use the wrong paint for engine casings

good result tho !

i likewise have always been well looked after by Ducati Glasgow when it has come to faulty parts, they are Spot on !!!

/ian
Old 17-Jan-2006, 08:07
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The 1000 DS motor suffers from bad paint too.I know a few Monsters and my M/strada have had new cases.
Old 17-Jan-2006, 11:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
certainly have Keefy

glad you have her home at last Loz
Old 17-Jan-2006, 16:49
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Nice one Loz