Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jul-2005, 23:00
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Although my bike is an 03 i fitted the full 57mm termi system. The problem is doing the quiet t/days as with the assymetric system you can swap cans but this you cant.

So, ive aquired a second std can and modified its end to accept the full 57mm pipework! Woo hoo.............
Old 12-Jul-2005, 23:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by sye73
So guys,can I confirm that you're saying the Termi can isn't what makes the asymetric kits model specific,it's actually the ecu+front pipe? If that's the case (and it does seem to make sense),then a 749/999 series can should fit anything from a 749 bip to a 999R on the assumption that the pipe (and ecu) are changed.......
Dunno about the 'R',but otherwise,...yes!
Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:04
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Correct. Everything but the R series bikes has the same assymetric end can. The R isn't listed in the preformance parts catalogue as it comes with it's own can.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:05
Big Twin

Brogins - yes it's a bolt-on or bolt-off mod (Termis). Price is over £1000, and someone local should be able to recommend a dealer. I'm too far North!
Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:08
GTL

Twinfan... When you say the 'R' comes with it's own can,do you mean that it has it's own specific asymetric-kit part number and it has a different Termi to the others?
Old 13-Jul-2005, 07:06
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by sye73
Twinfan... When you say the 'R' comes with it's own can,do you mean that it has it's own specific asymetric-kit part number and it has a different Termi to the others?
You wont find asymetric kits for the 999R and '05 999S in the DP catalogues because one is supplied with the bike.
The early 'R' models came with a 'race' can that you could use with the standard downpipes.The rear outlets were very small and the improvements in noise/power very disapointing.Later models come with the larger outlet can and catless front pipe the same as the '05 'S'.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 08:29
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Although my bike is an 03 i fitted the full 57mm termi system. The problem is doing the quiet t/days as with the assymetric system you can swap cans but this you cant.

So, ive aquired a second std can and modified its end to accept the full 57mm pipework! Woo hoo.............

I'd thought about getting this done. Did you have a new final "Y" piece made? if so who did it please?
Old 13-Jul-2005, 09:44
Montjuic

Mood: crank it and bank it
I also am looking at a Termi new but a full system 50mm for my 749BIP 2003 can anyone confirm that this one on the DP Manchester site is the right one for y year and model? Part No. 96433003B

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalo...nce_Parts.html
Old 13-Jul-2005, 09:51
Big Twin

Yep, "gimpboy" - that's the correct part and part number.

sye73 - Keefyb is spot on
Old 13-Jul-2005, 10:24
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb

I'd thought about getting this done. Did you have a new final "Y" piece made? if so who did it please?

No ive left the final y piece as is. If you line the std can next to the termi one for the 57mm, you can see the std assymetric one is longer. I cut straight across to make it the same length as the termi, you can if you cut carefully, modify the pieces of pipe youve cut off as the new flanges.