Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Dec-2011, 18:59
Bikes: Hypermotard, 600ss

Mood: Positively pensive
Wanganui races anyone?

I know it's a long shot, but is anyone else going?
I've managed to borrow a S***** Bandit (ok, it's not a Ducati but it'll certainly do) and am going down for the Boxing Day races
Never managed to be in NZ at the right time before but having had a brief look at the 'circuit' it should be good !

(search 'cemetery circuit wanagnui nz' if you want to know what I'm on about)
Old 29-Dec-2011, 18:30
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

Racing in the sun on boxing day..nice. Got to feel sorry for the side car guy praying for his bike to stop burning where he's stuffed it into the haybales.

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/p...-circuit&num=3

Nice 888 in race fairing..http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/p...circuit&num=13

Road racing has taken off in NZ with provincal towns like Paeroa, Methven, and Greymouth bringing in thousands of (shopping) spectators. The biggest is the 5 day 'Burt Munro Challenge' around Invercargill, the home town of Burt, Worlds Fastest Indian, (187mph since you ask), at the butt end of the South Island. Something for everyone, track, road, beach, hillclimb and speedway!!

Peter

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ... 53 horse power should do it

Last edited by kiwicoops : 29-Dec-2011 at 18:40.
Old 23-Jan-2012, 20:32
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

How did you get on in Wanganui, I see you've a class b bike, thinking of putting it into dd ?

pete

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ... 53 horse power should do it
Old 24-Jan-2012, 22:41

Had a cracking day - & very hot - day out! The Bandit worked out ok (but a Hypermotard would have been better).
Most bikes ended up in a bike park but I came straight out again and went to find somewhere nearby that was a little cooler and a lot cheaper. As I parked up amongst a load of cars on a verge I got talking to a local who offered a cup of tea & the use of his shaded & secure back yard. Kiwis are great people!
I spent most of the day on the banking of the local sports ground, a vantage point that came with all mod cons (bar and bog ). Only downside was a slightly restricted view but I got to see plenty enough & probably a better view than a lot of folk inside the circuit. Cold beer, sunny weather & close racing - all good stuff!
I really enjoyed the supermotos - top marks to the chap with one arm and (presumably) big cojones - and great to see a couple of bevels being thrashed around. Not really competitive on such a tight circuit - unlike the 750F1 that overhauled a lot of modern bikes and might well have pipped a 1098 for third if there had been another lap. A good mix of machinery in the various classes and some close racing as a result.
And in answer to your question, yes I am - but I reckon I'll need a lot more than 53hp...
Old 24-Jan-2012, 22:55
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat
And in answer to your question, yes I am - but I reckon I'll need a lot more than 53hp...

you'll be doing well if you have that much to start with

always be good to see another pout on the grid
Old 25-Jan-2012, 08:36

The gearbox still requires attention following November's trackday escapade so currently the bike's producing precisely 0hp...
On the upside this has given me plenty of opportunity to practise my pout and I hope to have it perfected by the time I get to the grid.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit