Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Jul-2009, 13:13
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
if I could turn back time I certainly would not have kept my Superdream 250, if fact, better, I never would have bought it

WeeJohnyB
Old 06-Jul-2009, 13:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
If i could turn back time apart from the obvious I would have kept every motorbike I ever owned with the possibhle exception of a Honda VT250, we all make mistakes.

See there's one mistake I avoided \nd not buying a Superdream means I avoided another mistake

30 years later I'm still trying to work out if the H1F was a mistake or not, loads of Fun but scared the cr4p out of me at times

As for the Brit bike thing
I'm to young

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Jul-2009, 13:57
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
See there's one mistake I avoided \nd not buying a Superdream means I avoided another mistake

30 years later I'm still trying to work out if the H1F was a mistake or not, loads of Fun but scared the cr4p out of me at times

As for the Brit bike thing
I'm to young

I had to look up H1F on google
Old 06-Jul-2009, 14:16
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
I had to look up H1F on google

http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/image...own-6063-0.jpg

Just add the spannies

Old 06-Jul-2009, 19:00
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

They didn't need spanies mate-they could scare the **** out of you standard-awesome engine, **** frame, **** brakes.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 06-Jul-2009, 23:28
Montjuic

Hey Nice one, I love Bonnies, my biggest wish I'd never sold is my old GPz 750turbo, they were **** really but back in 1986 a hell of a pose outside the local bikers pub. Ironing board with a turbo on it
Old 07-Jul-2009, 09:52
Mille

an excellent choice Keith............. the perfect addition to the garage

Enjoy...........................
Old 07-Jul-2009, 12:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
if I could turn back time I certainly would not have kept my Superdream 250, if fact, better, I never would have bought it

WeeJohnyB

I feel the same way about a black Norton Commando 850 that I used to drool over every day at Bob King Motorcycles in Bedford. They were just over the road from college so I used to press my spotty nose up against the glass and dream about tipping it into my favourite corner.

I could never afford it, and never bought one...ever. I've got a feeling that I might have regretted buying one if I'd actually had one - sometimes dreams are best left as dreams.

Although....if Nigella is reading this....

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 07-Jul-2009, 12:55
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
They didn't need spanies mate-they could scare the **** out of you standard-awesome engine, **** frame, **** brakes.

John

A real immaculate Mach 3 at Ludgershall last night, parked a bike away from Injected's Paso
Again some lovely classics out last night, 2 & 4 Stroke Jap classics along with lots of Brit stuff including Bonnies, Commando's etc
And even a 1995 TZ250

Old 07-Jul-2009, 14:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
To be honest, I've had some really ****e bikes in the past and I'm glad I got rid of them all!

I have fond memories of learning to ride (or should that be "not kill myself"?) on a FS1E-DX but it was a heap. The threaded exhaust collar in the barrel had gone at some point and so the exhaust had to be held in place by putting the exhaust on and then wedging a screwdriver in the gap before cutting it flush so it couldn't be seen. My dad must have wondered where his screwdrivers kept disappearing to.

Then there was the AR125 that was a shed. We painted it metallic green and got it back on the road but it had a coolant leak somewhere and used to squirt "green mayonnaise" out of the back of the engine and onto whoever was behind. Nobody ever used to follow me for long in those days.

The RGV250 I had was nice. I crashed it a few times though and it went BANG quite often as well. No wonder Stan Stephens is a rich man. It actually came up for sale again not so long ago on the rgv250.co.uk forum, but I wouldn't have touched it as I could still see some of my bodges in the pics a good ten years later.

The one I would have kept was the RVF400RR, the NC35. That was a lovely bike. It looked great but just didn't have much go. Jumping off that and onto the 748 was an eye opener!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit