Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 20-Nov-2005, 02:15
Mille

Im still riding out and about today see'ing how well my new slipper works roads are very greasy but still good fun fookin cold though Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, though i have been out on the drink all night so im deff feelin warmer now
Old 20-Nov-2005, 12:50
Ducati Meccanica

Yep still riding. Was out Friday afternoon, bit nippy though
Was going to go out today but we're shrouded in fog here so decided against it.
Old 20-Nov-2005, 13:25
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
Yep like to keep her running thru the winter, only when its dry and sunny tho. Got up into the hills on sat afternoon and temp dropped about ten degrees!! (God damn it was cold!) Great sunset coming home, should have taken the camera..oh well..nxt time
Old 22-Nov-2005, 00:48
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Nice pic (again) Mike.

I spent most of the day up a tree playing at lumberjacks. Its the one in my garden that blocks the setting sun in the summer when i'm having a BBQ so it got a trim that matches my haircut. Can't wait for the 3 days next year i'll benefit from all that work.

At least got more wood for another bonfire

Thanks Shaun, heres another piccie from Saturday, this one on way up Hartside looking into the Lakes, won't get any more pics this weekend, theres heavy snow forecast for northern England/Borders and I'm meant to be mountain biking at Glentress for the whole weekend Might need that wood you've chopped to keep warm.

Old 22-Nov-2005, 12:04
Mille
Bikes: 748

Mood: C'est la vie...
Hmmmm, looking at the weather - I must go out for a spin for an hour or more this afternoon: -2ºC at night & effectively 20-25ºC in the sun at midday !
Old 25-Nov-2005, 01:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Ooohhh Gizmo that is goddam gorgeous What a fantastic picture.

Was there another thread about what to do to your bike to protect it from bad weather? Didn't someone say something about spray polish? I hope so, because after yesterday's little trip to Ducati Aylesbury to get my bike fixed after Inconsiderate Israeli dropped her, I washed her and sprayed her with Mr Sheen.

After her ordeal with the mechanic, I took her around the houses for a bit of a spin. That new adjustable clutch (not the Patter Parts one because that didn't fit but a new Ducati one with matching brake lever) and am completely thrilled with how lovely she is to ride. And Easy???? Easiest bike I've ever owned. When I got home I followed Skidywids advice and threw a bucket of water over her, then another clean one (first had car shampoo in) and then shammied her off. Then parked her on a mat in my garage to dry off.

Comments on winter riding:-
Frozen extremities:-

Hands - 8/10
Feet - 5/10
Face (because I had to flip visor up to see anything)- 7/10
Chest - 2/10
Rest of torso - 0/10 - toasty warm thanks to new Held trousers and red jacket.

Nice to be out there, in spite of the cold, but only 'cause I had to get the bike to the garage. Today, without any need to ride her, I didn't.

Shame on me
Old 25-Nov-2005, 02:35
Ducati Corse

Bitchin\' cold darn sarf ..

.. went out for a ride late yesterday afternoon - the temperature gauge never went above 6degrees C - lost all feeling Still wonderful to blast past all that traffic on the A3 though
Old 25-Nov-2005, 11:19
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
Ooohhh Gizmo that is goddam gorgeous What a fantastic picture.

Was there another thread about what to do to your bike to protect it from bad weather? Didn't someone say something about spray polish? I hope so, because after yesterday's little trip to Ducati Aylesbury to get my bike fixed after Inconsiderate Israeli dropped her, I washed her and sprayed her with Mr Sheen.

Its almost impossible to take a bad picture with the weather we've just had and the Lakes or Pennines as a backdrop, I'm no photogrpaher but a reasonable camera and a bit of time in photoshop and they look OK

try Scottoiler 365 Ruth I've used it for a while and it seems to work. tend to wash my bike when I come in, let it dry a bit then coat with 365. Silicon spray can be used as well but in't anti corrosive. Make sure you wrap discs/brakes with a plastic bag so the 365 or silicon can't get on them, I'd wrap the tyres with an old towel if I was spraying silicon.