Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 19-Jun-2012, 16:36
Bikes: 748s and Nitrous 750 Monster

Hey From South West..

Hi Guys and Girls,

Thought i'd say hi and introduce myself and my beautiful bikes, firstly comes my Monster. I bought my M750 on a 'w' plate 3 years ago from a guy near Glasgow, rode her home that day in one hit and then started the work, this isnt the first time I've done a Monster project, but it certainly was always going to be the biggest the most outrageous, and without a doubt, the fastest (well thats the plan).

So lets get to the interesting bits:

Bodywork:

Frame stripped down, pillion handles removed along with all unnecessary pipework, frame powder coated black.
Tank sprayed black with Red and white flames, Carbon RX7 lid [painted to match paint work, both with new laquer coat with metal flake in to add SPARKLE
Racecap filler, black.
Wide Renthal bars, black.
All electrics and wiring hidden in frame or tucked away, never to be seen again....
Wheels outer rims polished.
R1 headlights fitted, handmade bracket made, front indicators fitted inside headlights.
Seat recovered in leather, with added pin stripe and twin racing stripes off centre
Rizoma wing mirrors
LED Integrated brake and tail light
Knuckledusters made from machined steel and polished, fitted either side below fuel tank (just in front of where your knee would be).
6x2 Number plate
Side panels and bellypan sprayed matt black.

Engine:

Crank breather with pipercross filter.
Pipercross race air filter and air box cut through lid
Upgraded Race ignition coils
Silicone HT leads
Race Sparkplugs
NOS kit with bespoke vacuum switch and variable boost control
Handmade one off carbon race exhaust (twin outlet) with polished downpipes, gives more throat than Linda Lovelace.

Brakes:

S4R discs and upgraded pads
S4R Cylinders with handmade brackets
Paso fully adjustable levers in black aluminium with polished switch levers

Other bits:

More polishing, including NOS bottle (Fitted under pillion seat)
Anodised fuel and NOS kit valve either side of the engine.
All sorts of trickery on the handlebars to firstly 'ARM' the NOS and then an additional hidden switch to 'FIRE' the NOS, hidden as to appease the Po-Po........

The dyno results have been, spectacular, to say the least, without the NOS engaged they're impressively around 70bhp, which is up on standard slightly, now please consider that this is a 12 year old bike and some of the original ponies would have slipped away over the years, with the NOS enaged at peak torque I put out about 150bhp at the back wheel, acceleration is like being punched in the front of the face, it hits you hard!

There is a further stage to the bike which involves magnesium casings, a fresh paint job (I have a different route I want to go down), a new headlight unit, but I want to ride it through the summer this year, and I've been without it long enough, its time to ride it.

I have been asked a few times why I did this work on a 750 and not a 900 the S2R or S4R, and its simple, I have owned most Ducatis, 2 x 600m, 1 x 900m, 1 x 916 sps and 1 x 748, and the engine I have enjoyed the most is the 750, its picks up much faster coming out of a corner, the weight is almost as low as a 600, but has much more power, and they are made from girders.

All of this work means that I then went onto win the UKMOC 2012 'Best Engineering Project' and 'Bike of the Year 2012', chuffed to say the least

Which brings me nicely onto my stunning 748s, 9 years old, standard front to back, top to bottom, 15k on the clock, full service history by Louigi Moto, yellow with white number boards and idolised by me, what else is there to say about this bike, its stunning!

So, I will be out and about at some rideouts over the summer, if I'm invited of course, and will no doubt see some of you on various back roads around the Cotswolds, so if you see me, say hi and hey, you may even like me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (200.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (67.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (156.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.JPG (88.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.JPG (126.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 19-Jun-2012, 17:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Hello there That's one interesting Monster you have. very nice piece of work.
Old 19-Jun-2012, 19:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousMonster
All of this work means that I then went onto win the UKMOC 2012 'Best Engineering Project' and 'Bike of the Year 2012', chuffed to say the least

I knew I had seen it somewhere, I led the Oxon/Berks rideout down to Arrow Mill on the Sunday of the WEEKENDER.
I had a chat with you about that button next to the left bar grip, the naughty button so to speak.

Welcome to the board

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 19-Jun-2012, 21:27
Bikes: 748s and Nitrous 750 Monster

Thanks skid lids, I remember the chat well!

Still toying with idea of removing one of the cylinders and replacing with a supercharger, once I get an idea in my head.....

Looking forward to some ride outs over the summer if there are any happening.