Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jun-2013, 00:12   #1
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati 748r-853r / SF 1098s

Mood: ...much happier.
Seat Conversion
After 2 years I've finally got my a$$ in gear an opened the parcel that arrived from fleabay - a rear biposto silver subframe. Hmmmm... somewhat annoyed with myself for buying a undertray last week, given that when I opened the subframe parcel it already had one. Grrrrr. That'll teach me for not opening it sooner.

The aim:
99% of the time I will have the monoposto seat on. The other 1% is the missus's birthday, where I want to chuck on the biposto dual seat and take her out for a ride. The whole point in doing this is so I dont have to spent the whole morning switching things over. End state is to swap over the seat is less than 1min.

My Plan of attack:
Swap with current Aluminium subframe on the 748r. Moreover, buy the remaining bits for my other biposto seat unit, in order that I can continue on with the project.

What do I need?
Well... I have the seat unit and the seat pads, just need everything else... lights, hinge, bracket, etc, etc.

If anyone has got these bits in their garage doing didley squat, please do let me know.

Many thanks.

Ash
Old 19-Jun-2013, 07:51   #2
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
If you have all the Bip brackets you will be ok apart from one minor issue, the ECU, it is mounted differently on a bip to a 748R, it just means you will have to alter the way the wiring loom is positioned in the subframe. I will post a pic this evening for you.

Chris
Old 19-Jun-2013, 23:27   #3
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati 748r-853r / SF 1098s

Mood: ...much happier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
If you have all the Bip brackets you will be ok apart from one minor issue, the ECU, it is mounted differently on a bip to a 748R, it just means you will have to alter the way the wiring loom is positioned in the subframe. I will post a pic this evening for you.

Chris

Thanks Chris
Old 20-Jun-2013, 00:11   #4
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Sorry its late, any questions fire away

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0321_1_1.JPG (96.8 KB, 16 views)