Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 26-Oct-2012, 11:33
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Ducati opens subsidiary in Brazil

Ducati opens subsidiary in Brazil

· The new company is called “Ducati do Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Motocicletas Ltda.”
· Ricardo Susini appointed Managing Director of the new subsidiary
· CKD program confirmed with DAFRA at the assembly plant in Manaus

Sao Paulo (Brazil) / Bologna (Italy), 22 October 2012 – To further boost its growing success, Ducati has founded a subsidiary in Brazil, terminating its business relationship with the Izzo Group and starting “Ducati do Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Motocicletas Ltda.”. This will enable the company to fully manage the distribution of Ducati motorcycles and other Ducati-branded products in Brazil.

Starting from October 2012, “Ducati do Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Motocicletas Ltda.” will manage the distribution and service Ducati products all over the national territory. Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A has full control of the new company and has appointed Ricardo Susini as its Managing Director and Marco Truzzi as Service & After Sales Manager. The new structure is based in Sao Paulo and, after completing all necessary formalities, will operate through an efficient sales network covering the entire Brazilian territory.

Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. also confirms its cooperation with DAFRA da Amazônia Indústria e Comércio de Motocicletas Ltda. for CKD assembly of Ducati motorcycles in Brazil. Production at the Manaus plant will start within the next few weeks, with the first motorcycles delivered to a constantly growing and impressively evolving market. Ducati will carry out an increasingly important and strategic role in Brazil, confirming a positive growth trend world-wide, which has characterised this iconic manufacturer over the past few years.

“The Brazilian motorcycle market is one of the most interesting and the third biggest in the world,” said Gabriele Del Torchio, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. during the press conference announcing the creation of Ducati do Brasil. “Ducati has a very strong image in this country and we have the enthusiastic support of many Ducatisti, motorcyclists and fans in general. The opening of this new subsidiary and the fact that our motorcycles will be assembled in the Manaus plant is evidence of our focus on the Brazilian market. We wish to offer our customers here the best possible sale and after-sales service, and confirm the strategic importance assigned to this market by Ducati.”

“I am especially proud of having been selected for this great, new venture,” said Ricardo Susini, Managing Director of Ducati do Brasil. “I have spent my entire life in the world of motorcycling and now being part of such a prestigious, prominent and famous brand strongly motivates me to achieve new goals.”

.::.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.
Old 26-Oct-2012, 14:07
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
"The Brazilian motorcycle market is one of the most interesting and the third biggest in the world"

When I was there earlier in the year I saw very few large bikes so that surprises me.