Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Feb-2013, 11:08

999 mono rear subframe

Hi does anyone know what the subframes advertised on ebay from America are like the ones im on about are about £190 plus postage brand new presumably an after market part.
Old 03-Apr-2013, 14:45
Bikes: Ducati 999s, Kawasaki ZX7r, Kawasaki KX250

USA Subframes

I bought one last summer....

No problems altho' not been riding through the winter.

My subframe broke at a track day (2005 999s). Complained to Ducati. No joy. Needed to replace and couldnt find a mono on eBay in UK. Plus didn't look that good a design anyway. btw mine was already the Ducati modded one with an extra 'plate' welded over the lower tubes. Didnt work clearly.

The USA one came fine - have to pay duty on it mind. I'm writing this at work so can't remember the exact difference, but i remember when fitting that it was an improved design. only slight complaint was the paint finish was more glossy black than the more satin black original.

If you need more I will dig out more info. Not back home (work) til Monday though....

Paul
Old 05-Apr-2013, 23:53

Thank you for your help, ended up buying secondhand ducati part from fleabay. cheers Matt