Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Mar-2006, 00:26
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
When Should I Have the 748 Serviced and What Sort?

I bought the 748BP with 10.5K on the clock. The belts and the oil/filter were done by Pro-Team immediately prior to sale. The bike is now just about coming up to 12K.

What sort of service should I have done to it?

The bike has been used every few days over the winter and I was thinking of just having a oil/filters/plugs service before summer kicks in.

Question: can I wait until 14k to have a full belts and valve clearance service?

Thanks
Old 13-Mar-2006, 00:48
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
if the belts have only been on for 2k you shouldn't need to change them yet it would be a waste of money

if your worried about the service history stamps then get who ever does your servicing to do a full 12k service without the belts (12k should include the valves etc )

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by Nigel C]
Old 13-Mar-2006, 01:01
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel C

if your worried about the service history stamps then get who ever does your servicing to do a full 12k service without the belts (12k should include the valves etc )

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by Nigel C]

i'm not too worried about the previous service stamps as they all seem to be from genuine outlets and after I bought the bike, I telephoned Pro-Team and they confirmed to me that they did do the belts on that bike.

should i have the valve clearances done now then? - if i have the 12k service minus the belts, when will the belts next need doing?

it looks like the bike will have to go in the garage soon anyway for the cush drives to be replaced, so it makes sense to have some form of service done at the same time, but cash flow is a little tight at the moment

i'm in london - any recommendations and/or a rough idea of price? i've used tecmoto for a few minor jobs and been very pleased with themso far, but i'm open to other ideas.

thanks