Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 20-Feb-2009, 18:14

Back to biking

Hi all long time since i have been on here so thought i'd better reintroduce myself. Started riding a few years back on a 996, best bike i had ridden and loved it. Joined the local club and met other Ducatisti and made some good friends. Well just over a year ago my closest friend and I went for a ride out. He had a horrific accident on that day. My wife decided that I should not ride anymore and I did'nt have the want to anymore. Well time has gone by and I feel the need to be back out there. She who must be obeyed has given me the go ahead so here I am. One of Marks friends has given me a head start by letting me have a full body work and exaust for a 999 so thats me started. I have signed of as disabled so don't have to much spare cash but if any of you guys have bits around does'nt matter how scruffy as I intend to build from scratch that need a deserving home then I'm your man. Would also Like to find a project or wrecked 999 something to start the ball rolling. Thanks in advance and will keep the forum up to date with my progress.
Yours Aye Alex.
Old 20-Feb-2009, 19:17
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Cor while I admire your pluck and enthusiasm, by the time you get the parts to put a bike on the road using the hook and crook method we'll all be riding Harleys. Good luck in you ambitious quest though. 4D
Old 20-Feb-2009, 19:26
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

welcome, mines a lager
Old 20-Feb-2009, 19:33
GTL

Welcome, buddy...good luck with the project.
Old 20-Feb-2009, 23:18

Cool Three beers coming up

Blimey owe three beers allready. Got a swing arm full body kit full exauast system and rear sets allready. Ive got all the time I need, No hurry here. 38 years ago I built my first big bike from some one elses cast offs Norton Dominator 600, it was a fantastic bike.
Old 20-Feb-2009, 23:29
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Welcome back...good luck with the project!
Oh and if your standing at the bar mines a drambuie shandy!

Lisa x
Old 21-Feb-2009, 12:00

Talking Shandy

I prefer a single malt shandy without the shandy?. Thanks for the good wishes I think I'll need them.
Old 21-Feb-2009, 19:34
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Glad to hear that you plan to get back in the saddle.

Take it easy. Mine's a Leffe.
Old 21-Feb-2009, 20:01
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Alex your friend would be MarkySenna wouldn't it? I know him and he was a member on my site (as you are)......
Old 21-Feb-2009, 22:31

Markysenna

Yes Ozz you're right. We managed to get Marks Senna back together for Sammy Millers last year. Mark is doing Ok and says he will ride again that guy has got guts. We are going to put his Senna in his front room. Maybe one day he will ride it again he loves that bike. People might think me mad trying to build a bike from scratch. But when you are signed of disabled as I am theres not a finance company in the world that would give me credit anyway love a challange, and I know given time I will get all the parts needed. I will be back and with a bit of luck so will Mark.
Alex.