Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-May-2006, 17:54
Mille

I did try the bars up side down but thorth the same iang,pointing up, sounds like a set of risers mite help, if you want I could send you some jpegs of the varons I fitted, but I cant put them on hear so I'll need a email ads .
hears a good one for your neck, sounds like we have the same prodblum.
is to lift you helmit slitely say 5mm, just a small lift makes it beter, you have to lift your head more to see when you have a helmit as it sticks out like a peck just abouth your eyes.
I'm not saying it's a perfect solytion but as i've found out it's little bits as opposed one thing on it's own and the risers do help.
Old 23-May-2006, 19:47
Mille

been for another measure
the thing I missed was that the bars are mounted on a compound angle
Its looks as though they will point up but I have not calculated how much

Mark
Old 23-May-2006, 21:22
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
Whats the bar / mirror clearance like at full lock when they've been swapped to upsidedown
Old 23-May-2006, 21:43
Mille

don't know ian
I have not done it

Mark
Old 23-May-2006, 21:57
Mille

:-) had hoped someone else who'd tried it already had a feel. Oh well mite get to try it out for mysel soon as a 999 is due to be mine on Saturday
Old 23-May-2006, 23:21
Big Twin

Iain mac if you come to see me this week you can see my cycle cat risers and see what you think,
New bike on saturday then, Enjoy
Old 24-May-2006, 21:59
Mille

Cheers IanG. I had been seriously thinking bout a swap on the bars. my previous 1000ss did give me wrist ache but the seating pos didnt help either. The 999 test ride seemed more roomy - rosetinted wishful thinking :-? but need to get a longer ride in to see how it fits. I was also thinking 'bout my old 916 (5 years) and that wasnt comfortable at all... must have bin a masochist....
Old 25-May-2006, 10:33
Big Twin

Yes, I know what you mean by sore wrists/back/neck etc, it did not bother me a few years ago but now I am getting on a bit !! I needed to sit up a bit more without getting rid of the bike so decided on the cycle cats and as mentioned previously the quality is good, but the fitting instructions must have been made by stevie wonder and they were a big of a pig to fit and get set up right and for me they needed to be modified slightly.
They are more comfortable although the wind seem to make my neck more sore I think on a long ride and on full lock there is not much room for your hands underneath the fairing/mirrors but when riding normally the bike does feel good.