Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jan-2006, 00:05
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Yup, mine was doing it with Termis and DP chip before it went into the dealer...
Old 04-Jan-2006, 00:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
All the above points are vaild, and 9 times out of ten cam timing and fuelling setup will sort it, but there have been occasions when the clutch has dragged and stalled the motor when rolling to a stop in gear.
Simple fix. Bleed the clutch master cylinder. Remove the cover and you'll see a small 6 or 7mm bleed bolt. Undo it, pull in the lever, lock it off. Do that a couple of times to be sure there's no air coming out.
Not a guaranteed solution, but if it is the problem, you can play with the cams and fuelling all you want, it'll still cut out if the clutch is dragging.
Old 04-Jan-2006, 07:51
Mille

had the same, took it to a dealer and they said the 04 749s is badly set up needing a cam timing mod and possibly ecu. All fixed under warranty but it has cut out twice pulling up at junctions since it's been done (oct). where as before i'd just be sitting at the lights and it'd die (usually just as they turn green)
Old 04-Jan-2006, 09:19
Mille

Mood: Great
Quote:
Originally posted by duck
had the same, took it to a dealer and they said the 04 749s is badly set up needing a cam timing mod and possibly ecu. All fixed under warranty but it has cut out twice pulling up at junctions since it's been done (oct). where as before i'd just be sitting at the lights and it'd die (usually just as they turn green)

Same as mine, been in 3 times in last 6 months, getting better but still stalls the odd time. Got 12 month service in March so will see what it is like after that
Old 04-Jan-2006, 13:28
Montjuic

Hi

This is a sore subject I have had problems with my 749R for a while which has resulted in a number of trips to the dealer (who still has the bike and has done for nearly 3 months).

It has been setup (injection, CO e.t.c).
They tryed to alter the timing alla 749s (made it worse).
New Injectors e.t.c

They are struggling, they have spoken to customers who race these bikes who told them they do it and the idle has to be set to 2000rpm. I for one think this is unsuitable for a road bike.

I have refused to except the bike stalling at low speed, I see this as a risk to myself and others.

If this cannot be corrected the bike has to go and Ducati will have to compensate me in some way after all I lost nearly 4 months riding the bike last year.

OK Rant over I wish all here a safe and happy new year.
Old 05-Jan-2006, 01:54
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Is Dave0749r indicative of all 749r or is this a one off
Old 05-Jan-2006, 09:06
Mille

My 749r was stalling all the time and i put up with it for nearly a year before it went to jhp for its big service thay said thay had fixed it and it was down to cam timing but now my bike is ticking over at 2000rpm so now, your guess is as good as mine as to wot is the real cure for this proplem.
Old 07-Jan-2006, 19:16
Mille

thanks for all the replies
mine is still being worked on hopefully it will be ok because it is the only problem with a superb bike

Mark
Old 27-Jan-2006, 14:18
Montjuic

Hi

Well I have just been told the bike is fixed, all I know at this time is it needed the injection setting up (mechanically what ever that means) although this was done more than once months ago when I first reported the problem.

The after sales Regional Ducati rep actually went to the dealers and did this himself (oh and new plugs fitted).

I am waiting for it to be returned so I can test it myself I'll keep you posted.

Regards

DaveO
Old 27-Jan-2006, 14:23
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Be interesting to know how you got on, and also which dealer is doing the work...