Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Aug-2006, 13:59
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Tony, I think Dom has just barged his way to the front of the Slap Grid!

Good point, I'll post yours second class then
Old 04-Aug-2006, 06:08
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Here you go ... Woodcraft USA

they are very nice,but was hoping i could get them cheaper then £189......

so is this the only place people are getting these from???
Old 04-Aug-2006, 06:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I use the £99 jobbies off Ebay and make an adapter plate with multiple fixings.
The ones on my 750SSie are ZXR400 rearsets with some fairly simple adapter plates, the spares are carried by some of the paddock trucks like A&R racing and the adapter plates allow for a fair bit of adjustment.

Something like these could be made to fit, I adapted CBR400 ones on Senna3's DD bike

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NC29-RVF...QQcmdZViewItem

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Aug-2006, 08:02
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
they are very nice,but was hoping i could get them cheaper then £189......

so is this the only place people are getting these from???

In this day and age of £300-£400 rearsets a la Gilles that is cheap! They fit without any additional messing around making adapters (extra weight, stick out more etc), spares are available and they're adjustable. You'llbe struggling to better them at that price.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 08:38
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
In this day and age of £300-£400 rearsets a la Gilles that is cheap! They fit without any additional messing around making adapters (extra weight, stick out more etc), spares are available and they're adjustable. You'llbe struggling to better them at that price.

yeah you are right!!!
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:11
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I forgot to say that the DP rearsets are my faves. They are so simple, very elegant and fully adjustable. They aren't so easy to get hold of at a decent price though - I have a set on my roadgoing 800ss - lovely again. Some DP stuff really is very good.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:27
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
I forgot to say that the DP rearsets are my faves. They are so simple, very elegant and fully adjustable. They aren't so easy to get hold of at a decent price though - I have a set on my roadgoing 800ss - lovely again. Some DP stuff really is very good.

Yeah, that's what we were running until some muppet damaged both sides at 5mph!!

I'm not sure what we have on there now. It may still be the DP ones, but reinforced with 3 inch thick ally.

DP are spot on though.
Old 05-Aug-2006, 03:50
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Name:  foo-peg-1-p.jpg Views: 83 Size:  10.5 KB

No adjustment but I just got a set of Harris pegs, removed the folding originals but left the lugs on so you can refit the originals. Drilled a hole through and ground Two small flats on the new pegs at the right angle. The innermost round part is just to big to fit inside the lugs. when you grind the flats at the right angel and bolt them on, the flats stop the peg turning in the lug so they can't turn loos. The bolts that came with the pegs works a treat. You do have to do a small amount of grinding with a dremel on the back of the hanger to make a flat for the bolt head. I polished the hangers to match the pegs £38 I have been using them all year, I was going to get a set of rear sets but they work fine so didnt bother. Worth a try first before you lob out £200 or £300
Old 05-Aug-2006, 06:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Eric if you need replacement pegs, let us know as I usually carry a few spares with me. 3 different types all to fit harris rearsets £15 a pair. A mate of mine makes them for me as he has use of a CNC lathe.

I got pulled up in the collecting area a few years ago with pegs like the ones in your pic and was told they didn't want to see my bike again with pegs with serated edges. The ones I get made have a smooth domed end.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Aug-2006, 13:20
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Eric if you need replacement pegs, let us know as I usually carry a few spares with me. 3 different types all to fit harris rearsets £15 a pair. A mate of mine makes them for me as he has use of a CNC lathe.

I got pulled up in the collecting area a few years ago with pegs like the ones in your pic and was told they didn't want to see my bike again with pegs with serrated edges. The ones I get made have a smooth domed end.

Thanks mate, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I don't need any

The pic is a little deceiving from that angle but they do have a round ball end on them. I notice they call them road pegs now though and the race ones have the nylon plugs.

With a set of your pegs at Fifteen qwid fitted the same way, you can't get out there any cheaper.