Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Mar-2009, 12:13
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty
'this year' could mean december though?
Yea
Old 05-Mar-2009, 12:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
My tyre man had some of the Z rated ones in, had a look at them and they feel softer and are slick on the edges compared to the current DD tyre, people will go quicker on these, a definate advantage so get them as soon as you can. Maybe keep a set of normal diablo's for the wet tho with more tread
Old 05-Mar-2009, 21:29
500SD

I'm looking for a good deal on diablos.

any pointers on where to get a pair ?
Old 05-Mar-2009, 21:44
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Holbeach were cheaper than I could get them a couple of years ago and that wa fitted at the circuit.
Dunno what they are retailing at at the mo tho
Old 06-Mar-2009, 00:13
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
It's not just the price of the tyres it's the package.

You get at the track, fit tyres, swap tyres, balance ect ect.
Old 09-Mar-2009, 18:55
Mille

Just spoke to Holbeach Tyres, and just in case anyone is waiting for the Rosso tyre to be available in an H rated 120 and 160.....DONT, cos they arent going to be available at all......so we wont be using Rossos in DD it would seem. Std, H rated Diablos MUST be pre ordered and will be £160 a pair fitted, or £150 supply only...plus postage of course if they are sent......
Old 09-Mar-2009, 20:08
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I think that it should be pointed out that the Club is talking to Pirelli direct, not a dealer and to surmise the situation based not necessarily on all of the facts could lead to mis-understandings.

As Gordon has already posted we expect an official communication shortly and once we have that to hand all riders will be briefed in the normal manner via e-mail.

Perhaps it is time to remind people again that we need a letter from the manufacturer confirming that their product is safe for the use to which the riders will be putting their product, without that they cannot be sanctioned for such use. Pirelli have steadfastly stood behind the Diablo's and I dont think anyone would say that they weren't up to the job. If we are to move on to a replacement we need to be assured that we are in at least as good a position if not better.
Old 09-Mar-2009, 20:38
Mille

Well, we HAVE to buy them from a dealer, not from Pirelli direct, and I understand that Holbeach are the official tyre supplier at the DD rounds, so they arent exactly any old dealer......
Old 09-Mar-2009, 21:02
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
I think that it should be pointed out that the Club is talking to Pirelli direct, not a dealer and to surmise the situation based not necessarily on all of the facts could lead to mis-understandings.

As Gordon has already posted we expect an official communication shortly and once we have that to hand all riders will be briefed in the normal manner via e-mail.

Perhaps it is time to remind people again that we need a letter from the manufacturer confirming that their product is safe for the use to which the riders will be putting their product, without that they cannot be sanctioned for such use. Pirelli have steadfastly stood behind the Diablo's and I dont think anyone would say that they weren't up to the job. If we are to move on to a replacement we need to be assured that we are in at least as good a position if not better.

Getting a bit late for major desisions!
Old 09-Mar-2009, 22:39
Mille

I've also posted this on "the other channel"....

IMHO it is now time to kick Diablo's into touch.

I know Nog's tested Maxxis tyres at Mallory recently, but I don't know what the verdict was on different tyres used.

With the first meeting only a couple of weeks away it really isn't acceptable that most of the registered riders don't seem to have tyres yet, Diablo's or Rosso's.

And Holbeach seem to be changing their story almost daily