Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 18-Jul-2003, 19:23
Big Twin

Mood: happy
you had it right Hog, last year he blamed his tyres all the time, granted the interviewer asked the question "what went wrong" i did'nt have the right tyres on" thats all he said.
Ray. "British Knockers" to me it does matter HOW the championship was won, to see a non carisma (sp) bloke winning even if he is BRITISH means sod all, i would rather watch Bruce Forsythe on a duke comming last, at least he would be entertaining both in his riding and his after race speach.
All this get behind your fellow British rider,bo**ox I will cheer on any nationallity on what ever bike, as long as he is entertaining.

Hog, yes come on STEVE MARTIN, what a lovely looker of a duke. WHAT HE'S NOT BRITISH???
Old 18-Jul-2003, 20:31
Montjuic
Bikes: 998R.

Mood: Onshore and happy.
Ray,i am not a brit knocker.
In my first post if you check i said i had hoped Walker would settle onto the bike better than he has but it doesn't seem to suit his riding style.
I just don't think Hodgson is the best thing since sliced bread and just because he is british i don't think i should automatically be a fan.
Hodgson in my opinion is an overrated rider.
I am not sying he is not a good rider but,
It is only since he has been on Ducati's for the last few years that he has actually won anything.
Let's not forget he has already been a factory Ducati rider and ridden in gp's, and he did nothing.
The question i have to ask and if everybody can give me an honest answer i will be happy.
Hodgson wants to race in gp next year to test himself against the best in the world,who here thinks he will honestly have a chance of winning a race never mind a championship.??
Bayliss is struggling and Hodgson is not as good a rider as Bayliss.
Old 18-Jul-2003, 21:23
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Honestly - top ten if he's lucky.
Old 18-Jul-2003, 22:16
Big Twin

Mood: happy
you said it all 955, hodg is in for a shock if he gets into GP's.
Old 19-Jul-2003, 08:14
Ducati Corse

Well ... we - who couldn't ride one lap at race speed on Hodgy's 999 - will have to wait and see
Old 19-Jul-2003, 10:17
Mille

Mood: Looking forwards...........
Crikey , I mean WTF. Henners et al are spot on in wanting Hodgy to win the title. It is all about that deep seated patriotic feeling whenever a Brit does well no matter what he/she does. Sorry if I don't understand, but isn't Xaus on a same spec machine?

I am also a fan of just about everybody that races a bike no matter what nationality, what championship or what country. I just love it all. It is just that few percent that give a little extra that makes you want to cheer them on whether they wave whilst crashing or give humourous pre/post race comments. This is merely my point of view as are all yours are, but please respect what others feel, sometimes it is good to talk
Old 21-Jul-2003, 12:26
BSB Star

For a start, last season Hodge was on year old machines, and beat 2 factory riders, plus the pril. Lavila has proven to be a good rider on the Gixxer. Xaus, well okay when he's on it, frug me he's on it. Chilli has proven to be a front runner, and still a class rider. Lagoni has proven his salt in supers. Oh, and i seem to remember couple times Hodge beat Bayliss or Edwards.

Okay, i admit Hodge is what i would say is down graded with talent, but still a world champion.

Same could be said about Sheene really. Ago and read where at the end of their careers, Roberts and mamola were not there yet. Did anyone **** Sheene off?? Did the fruck.

Now, gents, why not get behind ENGLISH DUCATI works rider. Although be boring at Brands if Hodge gets the title now. Rather see Tose and Xaus give him a run for his money. Gixxer is getting there.

As for Hodge in GP's, think same applies as Bayliss, will take some time, but if hodge goes 2 GP's on the duke, i hope he gets same spec bikes as the Corsa squad. And i'm sure he'll prove himself worthy. And if he goes into GP's, then good luck to him, be good to get behind an ENGLISH rider in GP's.
Old 21-Jul-2003, 12:55
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Nah! I'll be backing Walker/Toseland/wildcards and Xaus who is either on it or off it (despite Rattler's help).

If Hodgson wins I won't be unhappy but won't make my day either. Would be same whatever nationality he was or I was.
Old 21-Jul-2003, 14:31
BSB Star

Why Hog?

Is pleased Toseland doing well, English star of the future?
Old 21-Jul-2003, 15:18
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Just don't particularly like Hodgson. Sure he's lovely and cuddly but just MO. Same as I never liked Fogarty and would not cheer him on either.

Just one of those things. Some people you like and others you don't. As I have already said I think Shakey Byrne is brilliant both as a rider and as a personality. I hope he moves to WSB at some point cos he will be a great future hope for world champ.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit