Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 14:04
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
It's mutual you knut.

Well done by the way - last year I thought you were a bit of a tit with some of your riding and things you said - this year you've done the business.

But still a TIT..just bigger n faster............lol
Old 04-Sep-2006, 17:05
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Chass, the pits won't be the same. You have made a such a good impact on the whole DD event as far as Im concerned, for sure I was very supprised and shocked at the way things went on at Snett and even approached both Paul and Chris to say what "---king hells going on " I was certainly not impressed . It seemed to some that your bike was a little to fast,may be now they will but it down to rider skills as I did . Please don't chuck away some thing that has meant so much to you and more the point us . I would like to no more about it and who paid up the £250 to pay for a wasted exersise . See you at Cadwell . 4D

Last edited by Fordie : 04-Sep-2006 at 17:18.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 17:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
See you at Cadwell

I'll bring your favorite beer
Old 04-Sep-2006, 19:25
Mille

Mood: Got a life and have no agenda!!
I would like to no more about it and who paid up the £250 to pay for a wasted exersise . [/quote]

I bet we all paid for it. I dare say the club account was dipped in to for this one. Perhaps we should ask for a receipt!!

Did anybody notice their absence while the bike was being stripped? If I put in a protest I would want to see for myself that everything was as it should be.

Don't go Chass and Dom. You're both a massive asset to the club and the series. The series needs people like you. I just wish some people realised that. Certain people may feel the series belongs to them, but the fact of the matter is it belongs to the team owners, riders and sponsors and without them the series is worth diddly.

If the powers that be want people to walk away then they are going about things the right way. I just hope they think it's worth it.

Anyway on a positive note. Congratulations to Dom and Phil on their series wins. Keep up the good work. It's a pleasure to watch you at work.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer
How to kill a passion...????

Read any of the DD posts that talk about this boring string of sorry arsed events.

Let it go you won FFS

Sorry, Keith but I have to take you up on this. Having met you and found you to be an extremely helpful and pleasant guy, encapsulating the spirit of the club for me very early on in my days as a member, I think you're being unnecessarily negative. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are not interested in the DD racing and you're obviously one of them, but there's more than enough room on this board for anything anyone wants to say and you can quite easily ignore any posts about DD. To put the DD side of it, there are a lot of people spending lots of their hard earned money and a great deal of time and effort to race Ducatis because they love them and want to be out there racing with like minded people. I'm far less involved in it than they are but I can see what a passion it is for them and, as with any passion, tempers can run high and people get upset. They also get jubilant and ecstatic. It's all on the board and it's not a bore for them or for anyone else who is taking an interest in the series. So, tolerance is the least they can expect, IMHO.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:44
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
Sorry, Keith but I have to take you up on this. Having met you and found you to be an extremely helpful and pleasant guy, encapsulating the spirit of the club for me very early on in my days as a member, I think you're being unnecessarily negative. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are not interested in the DD racing and you're obviously one of them, but there's more than enough room on this board for anything anyone wants to say and you can quite easily ignore any posts about DD. To put the DD side of it, there are a lot of people spending lots of their hard earned money and a great deal of time and effort to race Ducatis because they love them and want to be out there racing with like minded people. I'm far less involved in it than they are but I can see what a passion it is for them and, as with any passion, tempers can run high and people get upset. They also get jubilant and ecstatic. It's all on the board and it's not a bore for them or for anyone else who is taking an interest in the series. So, tolerance is the least they can expect, IMHO.

Well said Ruth
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Ruth and others.
I have no problem with anyone getting excited about what they are doing within the DD series.
but when I came on this morning for a wee look at the Today's Posts. It was awash with the usual rants of the MT verses US debate.
the deep and loo down skulduggery of all those who dared think there might be something amiss with the said bike.
my comment was a little tongue in cheek retort to what had been written on this board of the usual I don't like it so I am leaving.
That's what I find boring.
And like I asked the other day when someone got very upset about some current events.
What sort of response was expected on this thread ?
can I only pop something down here if I agree with the attitude of the thread creator.
Nothing underhand has gone on.
No one has been caught out.
Im sure it was all very annoying and unnecessary. But that's the rules.
So move on.

Last edited by keefer : 05-Sep-2006 at 00:40.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer
Nothing underhand has gone on.

Are you sure about that?

It would appear that you're the only person to know for sure.

Can you explain how you know this please
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Are you sure about that?

It would appear that you're the only person to know for sure.

more to the point.
are you sure something has.
because with the amount of name slinging and bad mouthing that has been started at the beginning of this thread.
some people would seam very set in there decision that something has.
All I said was it was a bit boring.
What are those of you who feel something has gone on going to do ?
keep moaning like wh0res
or do something a bit more constructive
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:17
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
keef - after the clog I got the other day, I am waiting for the same people to scream 'its bad for the club' ' why post this' ' no ones inerested' 'keep it positiive' 'go somewhere else if you dont like it'....seems to me Ruth has is spot on, what interests 1 may not interest another (I wish she had been around the other day :sigh: )....

I think your point is valid, its not 1 thread but many, but then this is the biggest event in the club (not a dig but genuine observation) and it is responsible for bringing in new blood, even if only for the racing.

Try DuN, I find it much more like this place used to be in posting terms, bit o banter with no need for seriousness, but then maybe its becasue this is a paid up club that people get all tectchy.

I was talking to a mate today who has won british championships, and he says one of the hazards of racing well is exactly what happened, he has been challenged loads of times over the last 30 years but never found as illegal.....just something he accepts. The issue he raised was a competeitor seeing what your bike had had done, and the improvements, timing etc which can legally make a difference, sure that doesnt apply here tho.

Keep on racing Dom!!