Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 08-May-2005, 11:38
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
3UpRacing at Cadwell - tickets anyone?

You may know (or not) that team 3UpRacing will be running as a complete team for the first time this year at Cadwell on May 14 and 15, i.e. it will be my first races this year. There are a couple of tickets available, yours for the taking, but only if you can personally attend, please.

This is with Derby-Phoenix MCC and it's the full circuit. We will also be there tomorrow for a last minute shakedown.

See you at the races!
Old 08-May-2005, 11:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Very kind of you Felix, I won't be able to make it but good luck
Old 08-May-2005, 13:29
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Felix, good luck with the first outing, I won't be able to make it myself as I will be working on my own bike as we are racing there the weekend after you.

Hope you all have a good one!
Old 10-May-2005, 18:03
Ducati Meccanica

A quick update on our "shake-down" from yesterday at Cadwell with NoLimits.

Weather was mainly fine, although cold in the morning and the odd spitting in the afternoon. The last season was a washout as it was lashing it down.

My bike didn't turn a wheel on track all day due to burnt out regulator and knackered battery. I strongly suspect one caused the other. No matter, while replacements are on the way, I didn't get to test it yesterday. This, I will have to do during next Saturday's morning practise.

NoLimits kindly let me out in the intermediate group sharing one of my mates' GSXR750. At least, I got a few sessions under my my belt which I sorely needed. My last track time was Donington in the rain last October! First session was awful, with getting used to a bike I've never ridden and trying to find my way around again. In fact, it occurred to me that I've never ridden a 4 cylinder bike on any track. It certainly is different! I was surprised at the amount of power, once I got used to wringing its neck near the 14,000 RPM redline. Certainly, in the intermediate group, it was fairly easy to pass people coming out of Barn that were on litre bikes. The bike turned well, handled fine, chattered under heavy braking. It was fun for a change but would take at least a full day to really get to grips.

The trackday was very well run, IMO. I'll let WeeJohnyB tell why he wasn't out on track more...
Old 10-May-2005, 18:14
Big Twin

I'll be off "darn sarf" visiting some mates that weekend, otherwise I'd have come along. Good luck anyway, and thanks for yours (and Nicks) help loading/unloading yesterday. Good to meet you and put a face to a name.

Old 10-May-2005, 18:18
Ducati Meccanica

Henry, yes, nice to meet you as well. Sorry, I wasn't able to spend more time chatting, but was busy trying to get my bike sorted. No doubt, we'll catch up again. Glad, you kept it right side up in the tricky afternoon conditions!
Old 10-May-2005, 18:24
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Henry, yes, nice to meet you as well. Sorry, I wasn't able to spend more time chatting, but was busy trying to get my bike sorted. No doubt, we'll catch up again. Glad, you kept it right side up in the tricky afternoon conditions!

Actually, considering the trouble you were having with your bike I think you spent plenty of time being sociable.

I think my decision to bin it after the 1st afternoon session was the right choice. We were getting very wet loading the trailer as I recall, and that would have been mid session for me. My afternoon session was brilliant fun ... maybe it was the "healthy eating" at lunchtime that slowed all the others down enough for me to pass them ... whatever, amused me no end. Felt right to stop on a high note.

(right side up is gooood)
Old 10-May-2005, 18:27
Ducati Meccanica

Weeksy, no chance mate! I have a strong suspicion that if my mate had a go on my bike (when it runs), he'd park his up indefinitely.
Old 10-May-2005, 18:55
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Great to see you out there Felix, pity about the Duc on the day, but at least you got around the track a few times. I did spot you teetering around in your first ever session on an IL4, but you gave it some in the second session though mate - looking good, lovely style.

It was a really good day, just one red flag as I recall, but the rain at the end of the day meant the marshals called it a day, it was like a monsoon out there. Only two brave souls stayed out when the rest of the group came in when the rain started, we were convinced it was a matter of time before two became none, but they both stayed upright, one of them was flying on road tyres, spinning it up - very impressive for a intermediate group rider, or maybe just mad, who knows.

Good luck at the weekend.

WeeJohnyB
Old 12-May-2005, 14:49
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Felix,

Sorry to hear about your bike challenges, hope it goes well this weekend.

I was brought up on jap 4's but since buying an 851 many moons ago have never ridden anything other than a Duc and have never been round a circuit on anything else, I do wonder from time to time how I would do on one of the latest rice burning rockets but those thoughts tend to evaporate once I'm flat on the tank of the old 996 savouring the induction roar behind the bubble with the termi's blasting away and knowing that at more serene speeds the reassuring rattle of a dry clutch with an open cover awaits me............ I've got to stop there because I am in the office and I'm starting to get excited!

Once again hope you have a good one at Caddy and look forward to reading all about it.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit