Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Jul-2003, 22:14   #1
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
I need a hugger.................!
I started to clean the bike today after the (very) wet track day.What a b*tch of a bike to clean.Road and track filth has got into every nook and cranny.The shock and rear of the crankcases were filthy.Incredibly difficult to get in there to clean.The rear exhaust header and frame block the left and the ride height adjuster/frame on the right.
I had a quick chat with Tony from Ducati UK and he says that Multistrada kit will be here soon.It cant come quick enough for me.
Old 04-Sep-2003, 12:29   #2
WSB Hero

Got one......................kinda!
No the Ducati spares boat has not finally arrived!I have bodged,(ahem!) adapted a 748/916 hugger to fit.I had to saw off the rear chain guard bracket to fit the MS swingarm.Made up a couple of L shaped brackets,and voila,.....a Multistrada hugger.
A brief ride around some bumpy back lanes revealed no tyre/exhaust clearance problems.Not the prettiest of things,granted,but it'll do while the genuine kit becomes available/affordable.
Old 05-Sep-2003, 12:13   #3
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Good news Keefyboy! I'm told by DUK that rear hugger should be available by mid-September!

PS DUK now looking into Computer problems!

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by luckywhiteheather]
Old 05-Sep-2003, 16:38   #4
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by luckywhiteheather
Good news Keefyboy! I'm told by DUK that rear hugger should be available by mid-September!

Which mid-September would that be then?
Old 09-Sep-2003, 10:06   #5
Mille

Good point KB!
I'm assured I'll have definitive dates for delivery of all accessories later this week. I'll keep you posted!
Old 10-Dec-2003, 11:48   #6
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
If it is of any help I contacted QB Carbon on the Monday and my hugger arrived on the Tuesday. Excellent quality as well. even my Ducati dealer was impressed
Old 10-Dec-2003, 12:42   #7
WSB Hero

Italia Moto in Lincoln have the huggers in stock,they look a quality bit of kit.They also had carbon cat guards and belly pans.
Shame nobody makes a front guard extender yet.
To stop the front of the bike corroding away I've aquired some Scottoiler FS365 Protecter.Its supposed to neutralise any salt that gets on the bike.Two for the price of one (5.99) at Hein Gericke.
Old 10-Dec-2003, 14:17   #8
Mille

KB, had my DP hugger fitted a few weeks ago now. As you say it is great quality. Intersetd to see that someone else has got belly pans in stock. Still waiting on mine!

By the way I've ordered frame plugs through Rocket Ron on this site to replace those awful black rubber 'stoppers' as currently fitted. Should be ready for my return from festive hols. Hopefully belly pan will be as well then I can have it fitted along with Comfort Seat which is still sitting in box in my garage!

Anyway, off on hols this weekend so if I don't manage another posting session before I go have a good Xmas and Happy New Year everybody!!!!

Oh here it is Merry Christmas everybody's havin' fun, look to the future now......