Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Apr-2012, 15:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
about 4 years ago a friend and myself rode down to Thruxton to watch BSB, on the way there we were silly enough to ride through a 30mph at nearly 50, not an excuse I know but just keeping up with the average flow of traffic at the time, a few miles down the rode we were pulled over having been filmed by an unmarked police bike, the policeman who pulled us over told us that they were targeting bikes because of local pressure and that he was truly sorry that he had to pull us over at all, he then explained what a section 51 was and said that it would be valid for 12 months and that if we were caught again we could have our bikes taken off of us, but otherwise if we each sign one that would be the end of it and we could be on our way.

3 months later a court summons arrived charging us each with undue care and attention, failing to obey traffic signals lack of respect to fellow road users and speeding.

After paying a solicitor £1000 between us, two of the charges were dropped and we were charged with failing to obey road traffic signals and speeding, the police said that we had caused oncoming traffic to take avoiding action and that we had crossed a solid white line, Neither myself or my friend believe that we crossed a white line, or inconvenienced any other drivers.

Sadly having been lied to by the police at the scene and having been tricked into signing a legal document admitting these offences we didn't have a leg to stand on. even if the video evidence didn't show anything of this.

This was the point in my life that I lost a lot of respect for traffic police, If I ever see a motorcycle policeman I call them, (under my breath) w****r!

I have got the video evidence if anyone wants to see how reckless I was,,, Travelling in the middle of my lane a safe distance behind an old man riding a Ducati.

About time you practiced that on track Matt.