Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Apr-2012, 21:40
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Exclamation criminal lawyer

anyone amongst us good criminal lawyer, or know one who's not a rip off hates traffic wardens and champions the underdog to try and keep me racing and in for the series and the novice championship????
Old 11-Apr-2012, 00:24
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

what have you done now? come on, spill. You know you want to.

pete
Old 11-Apr-2012, 00:44
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

they trying put gbh on me for traffic warden, even though i already given official caution for common assault and released - same incident- suspect foul play-big stress for me- may be end all my cash/ racing/ even liberty- dont wish to be statistic/ example- local community, even councilors on my side

Last edited by milesaway : 11-Apr-2012 at 00:52.
Old 11-Apr-2012, 01:07
Mille

In my limited experience with the law Judges can see when the police are making arses of themselves, but its no fun going through the uncertainty of the Judicial process.

pete
Old 12-Apr-2012, 01:23
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

Perhaps there may be more to this than "the police making arses of themselves" important to remember the the police and the court system are separate entities who simply have to work side by side.
Old 12-Apr-2012, 13:33
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
are there any traffic wardens amongst us? ,,, Just a thought.
Old 12-Apr-2012, 19:17
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR007
Perhaps there may be more to this than "the police making arses of themselves" important to remember the the police and the court system are separate entities who simply have to work side by side.

Whoa there...I havent suggested in this case that any arse making has yet taken place. I was suggesting that when a case comes before the bench, (at which point admission of guilt is requested , ie "how do you plead?" ) , that Judges have the experience to evaluate evidence presented by the police.

A Conditional Caution, however can result in subsequent prosecution if the conditions of the caution are not met within a stipulated period of time.

Why not give us a professional view Dean on situations involving charging some one who has already accepted a caution after admitting guilt to a less serious offence.

pete

Last edited by kiwicoops : 12-Apr-2012 at 21:43.
Old 12-Apr-2012, 21:16
Mille

I have spoke to Miles and given my professional opinion and it's upto miles if he wants all the details on an open forum not me.

Perhaps just re-wording your original statement would have avoided it being misread. And as I already explained the police and CPS are separate entities and should the CPS in any case want a second bite of the cherry the police have very little if anything to do with it.
Old 12-Apr-2012, 22:47
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR007
Perhaps just re-wording your original statement would have avoided it being misread.

Reads ok I think.

There are recognised differences between the affect of common assault, abh or gbh.
Common Assault, minor cuts and bruises to the body, black eyes, whiplash from being struck, bloody noses, fat lips, chipped teeth.

Actual Bodily Harm, loss or breaking of teeth, temporary loss of sensory functions, extensive or multiple bruising, minor fractures and cuts requiring stitches, psychiatric injury going beyond fear, distress or panic.

GBH, injury resulting in some permanent disability or visible disfigurement, broken or displaced limbs or bones, injuries requiring blood transfusion or long treatment.

I guess there's usually some haggling room as to which one fits, but its not unknown to press for a higher charge in the hope you'll plead to a lesser one.

pete
(who knows sweet FA, but is interested in most things)
Old 12-Apr-2012, 23:30
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicoops
In my limited experience with the law Judges can see when the police are making arses of themselves, but its no fun going through the uncertainty of the Judicial process.

pete

This is the statement I'm referring too.

There is no need for this statement and although you have since edited your reply this is the statement which I took exception too.

I fail to see the point in regurgitating grades of assault found on google, but I'm sure you have a point.

Dean
(knows plenty about the law in england and wales and not interested in a great deal else)