Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
I've always fancied travelling to this one after meeting a load of mad guys from over there last year at silverstone
http://www.erf.nu/index.asp?N=1358
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
I'm in.

Given the average cost of a weekend's racing the £50 odd for ferry tickets isn't going to make much difference. Would have to be a good track though.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:26
Mille

Mood: Very sad
Hi gang I'm new to dsc and DD seems to be very popular. But I have seen this happen in a couple of other clubs. It can all get out of control and split clubs apart. IE the have's and have not's. Please don't forget the club should benfit all.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
Sorry Ant but I couldn't agree less - no way would the cost be similar to travelling to a UK round! Not even going to bother doing the sums.

You should, you might be surprised!

Having been touring in France every year for the last 6 years, the only extra cost I can see would be a cheap ferry.

Any additional miles are offset by the cheaper petrol costs too.

But I'll leave it at that.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:34
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by pibbow
Hi gang I'm new to dsc and DD seems to be very popular. But I have seen this happen in a couple of other clubs. It can all get out of control and split clubs apart. IE the have's and have not's. Please don't forget the club should benfit all.

Well said. why don't you wait and see the what and when and the how much.

Let's give Chris a chance eh? And if there is not enough who sign up, then fair enough. Let's not shot this down in flames before the idea has some basis of costs, location.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:42
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Could some one give me a good reason why we need to travel abroad when we have all the tracks we can handle here in Blighty. At the moment all the teams are committed to the DD series as it stands, getting up at 0200am to arrive at Stanstead for a "cheap" flight to X does'nt fill me with enthuiasum, still have to get the bikes and equipment to a base area as well or does that mean the spannermen and support crew have a few extra days off to get the kit across, while the riders get the flight ,surely the cost in time and effort will increase dramaticly or can some one convince me differantly. Dont like to **** on the fire but cost is an issue and the downside would be less support from the club members that have so gallantly supported the series so far.
4D
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye

You should, you might be surprised!

ok, off the top of my head... last ferry I took to france was £125, and that was on the bike in october, not a car in mid summer.

My insurance would need upgrading for European use - wouldn't want to be in europe on TPO.

Breakdown cover would need upgrading for Euro use.

Medical insurance to buy - no, your E111 doesn't cover you the same as the NHS does.

Still not surprised ant! But don't leave it at that mate, there's no hostilities from me here... just provoking argument cos I know I might be wrong.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:48
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Not really too bothered about a foreign DD race - unless its at one of the major Euro circuits, but then it'll probably be too expensive for a DD race anyway.

JPM - I diasagree with your North / South divide suggestion, as was already stated, individuals signed up before we knew the tracks.

In fact it needs more Northern entrants to compete and I don't think the reason they're not signing up is based solely on geography.

So c'mon, get yourself signed up, there's always space for you and Lil on the Rattler Estate for any Southern based races to keep costs down.

Tim
Old 13-Jul-2005, 16:57
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Ok

I have just been down to Spain for a weekends racing and the ferry cost me £60 for a van and two people, diesel was 83p a litre on the autoroute and what I am thinking of is probably close to London than Knockhill.

Costs will be taken into account, all we are trying to do is guage interest
Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:01
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
But as the other thread showed, the DD racers and others who have suggested what tracks they would like to see in and out didn't include Croft.

Scuse me Sir - I mentioned Croft :P

Hmmm - well a bit of thought from my point of view - If I continue next year.
I'm in the midlands and Cadwell takes me 3 1/2 hours to get to. Brands takes me about the same if not a bit more. Snetterton takes 3 hours. My nearest circuit is Donington ( an hour) and Pembrey takes 3 hours for me. The fuel for transport is expensive yes but not quite as much as travelling costs to a european circuit towing a trailer/caravan or not.
However it would be nice for one of the rounds to be abroad and subject to having enough pennies then I would do it especially if kit and bikes are already dealt with.
The seires should and will continue next year I think and I also agree that it's gained some brownie points and rightly so but clubs do have limits as to where they can fit in extra races. We've been at Woodlands with the supermotos when New Era's big meet was the next 2 days at Mallory. We've been at Castle Combe in with Karters and we've been to Snetterton with KRC on their enduarnce weekend.
As far as I can see the next big meeting will be Donington when it's a superclub round so all and sundry will be there and it will be a really good showcase for the Desmo Due.
The series has the potential to really take off next year but it will need careful thought and planning.
Putting down constructive ideas on the website or in person is a good thing. It all needs to go into the pot, be stirred up and out of it will come a most excellent series ( not that it already isn't)
If the 583's get their slot then i'm in but hopefully not taking up my customary position tailending next year

One further point - I fail to notice where this them and us attitude comes from. We are not elite, there's no secret agents anywhere as far as I can see and the DSC as a whole benefits with group rides to meetings, many friends made, it's own race series for gods sake and advertising. The series is open to anyone with the bottle to do it who is a DSC member with a few certain rules attached and that should remain.

Everyone - and I mean everyone has worked hard to make this series what it is thus far. 3 rounds in and even though I don't get a chance to watch the race it's always said it's good close racing. Everyone from whoever made the Tea at the inuagural meeting of this to the committee, the racers, their supporters, have put a lot of effort in.

This is Secret Squirrel signing off for now - Oops! :P