Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jan-2005, 14:28
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
My wife and I got stopped at a check point at Rye Sussex where several officers were checking nothing other than reg plates Sue's plate on her Hornet was found to be millimeters undersize when they used the template to check it. The officer said that normally he would not have even noticed that it was not the correct size. This however did not stop him giving her a fixed penalty. Thet completely ignored her race can.Two guys on sports bikes with really small plates were there when we were stopped and were still having their details checked and their plates photoed when we we left
Old 03-Jan-2005, 14:40
Mille

'You won't get done just for having a illegal plate' well I’d have to argue with that I got done at 6:30am whilst filling up with petrol what else could I have done wrong
Old 03-Jan-2005, 14:46
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnDa
'You won't get done just for having a illegal plate' well I’d have to argue with that I got done at 6:30am whilst filling up with petrol what else could I have done wrong
Maybe you should have waited until the petrol station was open
Old 03-Jan-2005, 14:58
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:

Interesting, I would have thought that a petrol station was private property, not the public highway, but I could be wrong
Old 03-Jan-2005, 15:28
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
Quote:

Interesting, I would have thought that a petrol station was private property, not the public highway, but I could be wrong

He was in the petrol station when I pulled in, he then went out on to the road and waited for me to pull out onto the road
Old 03-Jan-2005, 15:58
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
Quote:

He was in the petrol station when I pulled in, he then went out on to the road and waited for me to pull out onto the road

That sucks,

I think that the "you won't get stopped for just a small plate" is always up to the individual officer. It will also reflect the policy of each counties force.

I have noticed that it more people seem to be stopped near well known biker haunts.

[Edited on 3-1-2005 by electricsheep]
Old 04-Jan-2005, 11:53
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I have a standard plate on the ST-mind you they are not the most attractive bike to start with so..............
I have also gone back to standard cans-I live by the A1 and when you hear the number of IL4's screaming up and down on a weekend it makes you think-I get fed up with them, so what do non bikers feel about it. The ST range always seem to be very LOUD on open pipes-much more so the 9** range, it was giving Jo a headache when she was pillion.
Now the only reason I have to get pulled is a dark visor or me riding like a tw4t.

John
Old 04-Jan-2005, 15:24
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Small number plates,

Why bother at all, the fine is only the same for no number plate at all!!

best not to get caught too often though as the PD take a very dim view of multiple offences.

Ray
Old 17-Jan-2005, 23:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
well said ray

there was a guy who rode around my town on a cr4escent rep gsxr1000 like a tw*t who i never saw with a number plate on all summer, first time i thought it was funny as i ddint think he knew but 3 months later and he was still riding like it

i got stopped a while back and he let me off my plate, its square but is a inch smaller and has holograpghic lettering, luckily he liked it !!!